7 Month Baby with Cough and Sneezing

Hello moms... My 7 month baby girl is caught a cold. Last night she has a fewer, but thank god that is gone. Now she is got a runny nose and is coughing and sneezing like crazy. Does anyone have any suggestions other than Telynol, that I can give my poor baby?

warm mist humidifier all night works wonders. if she is breathing through her mouth this will keep her little throat and mouth from drying out. will also help with the cough & congestion. lots of fluids and Tylenol as needed/directed.

do call her doctor if fever persists or goes too high. it might just be a good idea to call anyway!

p.s. i wouldn't give her anything without consulting with her pediatrician.

take care

Hi I.,
The first colds are the worst for the parents! See if the doctor wants to see her to follow up. Meanwhile, keep her bedroom cool and pu a cold air humidifier in her room when she is sleeping. It will help her breathe. Also saline drops in the nose (which the baby will hate) really help get the muscus out.

I.,

Since she has already had a fever keep an eye on it and make sure to monitor if it comes back. Fever is usually a key indicator for infection.

Unfortunately, you really shouldn't give her anything Over the counter because it is not recommended. However, you can keep her nasal passages clear with saline and bulb syringe or nosefrida. Keep a humidifier going, and if you have a Vicks one they sell strips that can be used with them that are non-medicated and very helpful for congestion. Vicks also makes a baby rub for cough/congestion. Make sure you keep her hydrated and if you are breastfeeding, then feed on demand to make sure she is getting enough feedings.

If her symptoms go past three days please contact/see her Pediatrician for advice as there may be some underlying cause of the discomfort.

u should check out the Bioron products..u can get them at Wholefoods..also talk to the nutritionists at Wholefoods in the vitamin dept...also it's good to have some baby jarro dophilus on hand..but Bioron has cold meds u just have to give your baby smaller doses than normal..they have a great cough med too called Chestal..also i use Gentle Vapors plug in for a vaporizer instead of the water kind..no bacteria and no cleaning..u just swap out the pad thing that goes in it..but read the instructions.

Not sure about the sneezing but try putting baby vicks rub on the bottom of her feet and then put socks on her. I also used a cool mist humidifier in her room and it seemed to help ease the symptoms.

I live with a house full of kids - ranging from 2 years old to 16 years old. And my major issue with all of them are allergies. It sounds to me on top of the cold - which sounds harmless enough - the constant sneezing may be an early sign of allergies. I don't worry too much about a fever, especially after 6 months old, but on that note, make sure it doesn't exceed 101.5 degrees. This is a common way for our bodies telling us that we're sick and that its trying to fight it! I don't know about all the Vicks Vapor Rub suggestions - although they sound so interesting I may have to try it! - but you should call your pediatrician and ask them about over the counter antihistamines. Benadryl or Dimetapp are common. I know there are some negative media involving Benadryl - but really, its because some parents do not follow the recommended dose. This is why you need to call your pediatrician and request for the correct dosage. This should clear up the sneezing and may even help with the breathing!

Hi I.,

I.,
Take her the doctor! she may well have an ear infection & be unable to explain where it hurts her. that's what it sounds like to me. I have 9 1/2 yr old twins & ear infections really hurt.even if she doesn't have one, she needs to see a doctor, since you can't pinpoint the source.
M. R

take care

Good Morning I.,
My little one is 8 months and just went through the same thing. After three days of a running nose and trouble sleeping I took her to her ped. He suggested the saline spray and suctioning the mucus before feedings and before bed to help her rest. Tylenol is the only thing you can give her now to help with discomfort. I try to keep it to a minimum trying to only give it to her at night so she can rest and feel better. I will tell you by the fourth day she was much better. I did read in a book that the worst days are the first couple of days so just hang tight the road to recovery is just ahead:)

1 / 3