7 1/2 Month Old Doesn't Laugh Out Loud

Should I be worried? I thought she laughed until I heard my frinds baby laugh at 4 mo and it sounds like a laugh. MY daughter occasionally makes a noise while smiling, but nothing like an adult laught. She smiles all the time and appears to find things humerous... just no cackle or audible laugh. She does babble, and copy occasionally and does respond to her name being called.

At her 6 mo appt I told the doctor she laughs out loud(we were asked), but now that I've heard another baby actually laugh... I don't think mine does?

I wouldn't worry either. My daughter is 11 months and smiles all the time...a laugh is harder to come by. She is like me though...it's gotta be really funny for me to laught at it!

I'm with the other mommies and wouldn't worry about it either. With my daughter, at 19 months, you've got to really work hard at being funny to get her laughing. She's just more serious about things.

All people have a diffretn way to laugh. The same goes for babies. My son may not laugh at all for days then you pick him up and hold him high adn he giggles his head off. My neice is a month younger and she has a tiny little laugh. I would not worry too much.

My step granddaughter was like that. Sober all the way until we saw her again over a year and was the life of the party. We could not tickle her to laugh anything. Boy what a character later. She could ham it up and cry then laugh it was so much fun to watch her. I have not had contact with her in 6 years since the divorce but loved her so much.

My older daughter was (and still is) the same way. If she laughed at something as a baby, it was a really big deal!! She smiled all the time, but it took a whole lot to get a little giggle out of her. My 8 month old daughter is so different. She laughs out loud almost daily, but still has the same laid back temperment as her older sister. Every baby is different and they are all equally healhty. Don't worry! If she's smiling and interracting I'm sure she's just fine!

I would not worry at all.
She's still very young and just need's a little more time.
My son wasn't really laughing out loud until around 10 mths.
She's probably just going to be a more quiet type of baby.
My sister and I had our babies 9 days apart so they have practically grown up together and they are SO different.
My daughter was always more outgoing and my niece was the more layed back quiet baby.
If at 9 mths she is still not really laughing out loud, just bring it up at her 9 mth check up.
Don't worry though, she's just fine!
Take care!

I wonldn't worry to much. But call your doctor if you ar ereally concerned. My son never laughs at me or my husband but always has a big silly grin. Yet, we have caught him practilly rolling on the floor just by looking at my sister in law. Babies are funny, they do what they want, when they want.

1 / 3