6Wk Old Spitting up Clear Fluid

My 6wk old beautiful daughter normally spits up formula (like most babies) but today she spit up clear fluid. Is this normal? She is bottle fed formula only so I'm not sure why her spit up would be clear? We had just finished a walk in her stroller when it happend and she did not cry or was upset in any way, it really didn't upset her at all. I'm a first time mommy so it upset me more than her LOL

I would not worry. You did not say how much she spit it, but it could be excess saliva that happened to come up before she finished digesting it.

I am a 2x mom, and my 2nd daughter is a spitter whereas my first was not. My dr said that as long as she is a happy spitter not to worry. She is predominantly breastfed, but does take a bottle at night with dad sometimes. Her spit ups have been clear also. My guess is excess saliva (but I am not a dr). So, I would say if it didn't bother her, then just keep an eye out, but don't stress.

I was probably just stomach acid. You can always call your pediatrician if you are concerned. As a mom to two, one of whom is seven months old and suffering from terrible reflux, I wouldn't be concerned.

I agree that it's probably just stomach acid. The movement of the stroller could've triggered the spit up. It's probably not a big deal, but monitor how frequently it happens and whether it seems to bother her or not. My son had Acid Reflux badly as a newborn, and I think my new little one is having the same problem. But with them, it's frequent and obviously painful and keeps them from sleeping as well as causes other problems, so if it's just an occasional thing and it doesn't seem to bother her, just toss it up to newborn digestion and enjoy your little girl! lol

1 / 3