6 Year Old with Severe Dry Scalp

my son has had dry scalp for about a month now
is there any thing any one has ever tried to help dry scalp
i'm afraid to use shampoo like head n shoulders because i'm allergic to it
any advice would be great thanks

We've used Arbonne"s ABC Baby line for a while now. the Baby wash is gentle, and soothing, but really helps all skin especially sensitive ones(even adults), and the Baby Oil it great for cradle cap, and very dry skin, but since it is not mineral oil, it won't be a pain trying to get it out of his hair! I would do both @ night, and then wash his hair in the am if you need to. We love it and it is pediatrician tested and approved! i don't have any samples right now, but if you want to try it, let me know, and I'll get some!

My 10 year old son had had this problem forever! His is dry in spots, more like cradle cap... The only thing that works for us is baby oil... massage it into the scalp, then use a comb to gently break up the dry patches. Hope that helps!

I have a nine-year-old daughter with the same problem, so I look forward to reading the advice given here!

A.-
I use Shaklee's Basic H, an all-natural multi-purpose cleaner made from Corn & Coconut. Sounds weird, doesn't it? It's been around for over 50 years and I use it for everything- to help my son's excema and when he had cradle cap as an infant it took care if it right away. I use it as a soap because I break out with everything else. If you have any questions, you can e-mail me at ____@____.com or visit my website at www.shaklee.net/heatherdoyle

I have been using Paul Mitchell's Baby Don't Cry Shampoo on both of my children. My sister's little boy had the same problems that you are experiencing with your son and that is what she was told to try. IT WORKS!! You can get a sample of it from any hairdresser that carries the Paul Mitchell line. I hope this helps!!

Head n' shoulders can make some dry scalp cases worse. You might try a T-gel type of shampoo that has coal tar in it. Some conditioners can make it worse too, so you'll have to watch and see if this happens with your son.

Maybe try a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. Try putting cortisone on it at night, or an intensive moisturizer lotion during the night, then wash it in the morning with the moisturizing shampoo/conditioner.

Well... you have to identify what it is in a product that you are allergic to. It may not be the medicine that heals dry scalp. Therefore, you could buy trial sizes of shampoo to see what will work on your son. Additionally, your son may not be allergic to it. Perhaps try putting the shampoo on the inside of his forearm, letting it sit for a few minutes and then checking for any sort of reaction over the next day or two. There are multiple dandruff shampoos on the market you can try. There's Selsum Blue and T-Gel. Both work well. I know there are others, but I can't recall the names off hand. You can also talk ot your family doctor, and if needed, they can prescribe a topical oil application to put on his scalp as treatment.

There is a skin care line called Arbonne (no, I'm not a consultant). Everything they sell is natural--no preservatives/chemicals/etc. My friend's daughter has severe eczema and this is the only thing that makes it go away. They have a baby line of products, even baby shampoo. You'll probably have to look on-line to find a consultant. Here is the website to the shampoo:
https://www.arbonne.com/shop_online/showCatalog.asp?categ...

I agree with arbonne! I have used arbonne for 18 yrs.. lol yes I am a consultant now (last 3 yrs). I just love their products. Botanically based and vegan certified.
Their are two products I would say. Either our self adjusting shampoo for flakes with Tea Tree oil https://www.arbonne.com/products/not-so-basic/hair/teaSha... or the ABC Baby line. I have excema and so do two of my kids. We love these two products for that. and more. I have very dry and flaky hair normally. Not with these products. I switched about 3 yrs ago to this shampoo and conditionar and love it.
Everything has a 45 day guarentee so for any reason your not happy you can return or exchange it. I do have samples of the Baby line but not the shampoo with tea tree.. here is my email ____@____.com if you would like more info, ingredient lists whatever, let me know!

1 / 3