6 Year Old Birthday Party Goodie Bags

Hello,

My son is having his 6 year old Birthday party at the bowling alley with 6 of hsi friends. I am looking for creative, original ideas for goodie bags or party favors. I want to stay away from the usual candy and cheap "birthday favors" that come in bags at target (trinkets, balls etc). Does anyone have any ideas that are still in-expensive yet creative??

WOW!! Thank you all for your wonderful ideas!! Now I just have to decide which good idea to go with! Thank you all again!!!

You have some good ideas already. I did this with my daughter and we went to the Dollar Store and bought ribbons that we handed out for things like lowest score, highest score, funniest approach, coolest shoes, brightest ball, etc. We let the kids vote on the winners but made sure each child received a ribbon. Another idea could be to serve cupcakes instead of cake and let each child decorate their own with sprinkles or any sugar cookie decorations you use at Christmas. Finally, if you need something to keep them busy at the bowling alley you could give them questions like I Spy and have them find things in the bowling alley during the game otherwise you could do a scavenger hunt for them. My opinion is that you don't have to give the children attending the party anything if you don't want to, as long as you keep them entertained and safe that is what they will remember.

For my son's party last year (5yr) we also had a bowling party. We went to the party store and for each child we got a mini bowling set ($1.50-$4.00, we choose the small one, not the $1.50, but whatever the next size was), a plastic bowling themed cup (.99 and a great deal cause my son loves to drink out it and he is always talking about how he got it and the fun he had at his party) then each child got a bowling ball - super ball (there was a 8pk for $2.00) and we also found (at a dollar store) mini note pads with bowling pins & a ball on them.
We had a pinata and i filled it with yogo's, fruit snacks, and kazoo's. (not a lot, cause there were only a few kids there)

but everyone seemed really happy, and i even got the boling alley to print me off each child's score so they could take it home. for most of the kids, it was their first "not family", birthday party, so i think they all had a great time.

if your local party store doesn't seem to have anything, try oriental trading (they are great for neat gifts & favors) and also, your dollar stores, I was truly suprised of the selection that mine had to offer.

Good luck & Happy Birthday Party Planning!! :)

A gift card for a free movie rental or a free ice cream at McD's- I think McD's has gift cards? A deck of cards, marbles, crayons, playdoh. Good Luck!!!

Coupon for a free game of bowling would be a neat idea and then they can go again with their family.

I have a 3 year old, so the favors I have done are probably too young for your kids, but we have had the same kinds of issues with wanting something decent that isn't just junk that will be thrown away after the party. We did things like playdough, stickers, bubbles, and little notebooks and pencils...but an idea I had for you is a disposible camera, if that isn't too expensive...the kids can take pictures at the party and then develop them later. Sometimes they sell packs of disposible cameras at Costco or Walmart...good luck!

For my son's party, we went swimming and I took pictures of all the boy's with my digital camera then I printed the pictures at home so they could all take it with them when they left..

My son is 7 and you do hate buying the cheap toys because they break so easily, but I have gone through Oriental trading on line, yes some are cheap in bulk some are really cute. Depends on your budget and how many kids you are inviteing. Hobby lobby is a good place also, for T-shirts and having them make there own memories when they get home to do. Do you have a theme? Try searching on the internet under Birthday Partys ideas.

Hope this works for some ideas!!!
T. H.

Hi H., We had a bowling party for our 7yr old last year and it was a blast! For the goodie bags, each child got a personalized t-shirt and a gold medal ribbon. We did the shirts iron on and they went over great, alot of the kids wore them to school. Then we did a little tournament for prizes, like 1st strike, etc.. and each child got to pick out of a grab bag. We did a bowling lane cake and hy-vee made it. At the party we took a pic of our daughter with each of her guests individually and then made these frames from oriental trading and gave them to each guest as a thank you.
I attached some links, good luck. The bowling pin candles were the hardest to get, but sometimes you can get lucky at Nobbies

TSHIRT:
http://jas.familyfun.go.com/arts-and-crafts?page=CraftDis...

CAKE:
http://jas.familyfun.go.com/recipefinder/display?id=50104

FRAMES:
http://www.orientaltrading.com/application?namespace=brow...

1 / 3