6 Year Old Bedtime

What time does/should a 6 year old ( 7 yr. old) go to bed. My son goes to bed at about 730 or 8 (at the very latest). Just wonder about other kids this age.

when my kids were six and seven the latest i sent them to bed was at 9pm. I would try at 8:30 mostly though because i needed some personal time for myself before i went to bed plus they get a full 8hrs and then some.

i have a 5 and 7 year old and they have to be in bed by 8pm to start calming down..they get to watch and hour of tv and they have tv off at 9pm and sleeping by 9:15 ususally...if they are not already asleep when i go upstairs at 9 to turn the t.v off and tuck them in for the night...

Ours starts getting ready to go to bed around 9pm because I remember what it was like to look out the window and still see sunshine and the neighborhood kids running around playing. If your child has a nap during the day then that counts in the number of hours per day of sleep.

My best friends kids don't even start to get ready until around 10pm and that has been their bedtime since they were 3-4 years old. They get up around 7 for school now and haven't taken a nap for a couple of years.

I think it depends on your schedule. Kids can't get too much sleep so whatever you want to do it's really your choice.

I have a 6 year old and a 8 year old and 8:30 is there bedtime unless they have an activity that day and on the weekend the time is extended a little. I think you are in the right area.

I think it's a great bedtime. I wish more kids went to bed at a decent hour & got the sleep they need. :)

Bedtime for my 4 year old is 7 & my almost 6 year old goes to bed about 7:30. They share a room now & if sent in at the same time would talk for an hour so we started staggering. But they wake up by 7 no matter when they go to sleep so early bedtime works best for us.

Sounds about right. The only real way to determine is how hard they are to get up in the morning and if they have complaints of falling asleep in class. My younger doesnt sleep as well, and she has ADD, so we had to push her bedtime forward a little to compensate. They're up to 9 & 930 at ages 9 & 10, with the last half hour dedicated to reading. :}

We aim for 7:30 with my 6 yr old daughter. But more often than not, by the time she actually gets to bed it is after 8. I am planning on being stricter with bedtime and maybe even moving it earlier soon as she has been very emotional and tired lately. Although part of that has to do with the fact that her 2 year old little brother wakes her up at 6 or 6:30.

You're doing fine,T.. You know your child best, and 7:30 - 8 sounds right for a 6-7 yr old.

1 / 3