6 Year Check-up

My son will be 6 soon and I am wondering if a 6 year check-up is neccessary. For how long do they continue to go every year? Thanks!

Go with your gut... my kids have only been to the doctor on rare occassions... like to get their shots and such. If they aren't sick, then they don't need to see a doctor. My hubby is a nurse, so that helps-- we don't have to run there for every little thing.

My pediatrician wants to see my boys every year through age 8. After that he is ok with every 2 years unless they are showing up sick alot or there is a medical reason to be in every year (medication wise, etc). Once my son turned 8 and we did that check up, we are now going every 2 years.

I think they should go every year and most insurances pay for a yearly checkup.

I take my daughter (14) yearly. Yesterday was her appt and you get a good checkup, go over the growth charts, etc. The bad thing about her appt yesterday is that she is not home sick today :( I go every year as well.

I feel like these visits are important. We don't miss a dental check every 6 months either.

I think it is necessary. You should go to the doctor every year for the rest of your life. Everyone should get their yearly check up, it's like going to the dentist twice a year. You should go just to make sure that everything is working and to make sure your healthy.

yes it is important to take him-shots and all are involed- and too answer your other question my child is 10 yrs. and still goes once a yr for reg. visits

My 6 year had his yearly check up last summer and I still take my older son (he's 12) for annual check ups as well. Well baby/child check ups are not only covered under my family's insurance...they are free - we don't even have to pay a copay. I think preventative maintenance is key.

1 / 3