5 Year Old with Acne

My 5 year old daughter gets acne on her lip in almost the same spot. It looks like a white head but hurts her if I touch it. I dont try to pop them but just to put something on it hurts her. Well I noticed her babysitter also gets this from time to time but I havnt noticed them on anyone else she watched or on my youngest daughter. I am wondering if maybe it is herpes or something weird like that. I want to ask the babysitter but I dont know how to ask that kind of queastion. Am i over reacting or should I try to take her to the drs. I need some guidance...someone help! Thanks so much!

Sounds like what I get with acid frits and juices, Especially orange juice. I brea out and hae canker sopres inside mouth whendrink acid fruit juice or eat acid things...tomato sauce, oranges, etc. I alsoi get hives from shellfish and tomato hot sauce. Stay well J. L

I guess it could be a cold sore, but there's really no mistaking a cold sore for a whitehead. If it looks like a pimple, it probably is, barring any other more serious sore, like MRSA, etc.
When you are with your child and sitter just casually say "does this look like a cold sore to you? Gee...she keeps getting these..."
Again, a cold sore gets kind of crusty and flakey, not like a whitehead on a pimple.
She probably makes it worse by touching it. You could try a little witch hazel, a natural astringent, once you determine if it IS a pimple.

I'd ask the babysitter myself, but if not, maybe have your daughter mention it in front of you and her to start the conversation on it. You'll feel alot better knowing!!

Sounds like a fever blister to me. I get them and they hurt so bad. Is it the end of her top lip in that corner/ Try blistex or something. Sometimes getting a cold comes out like that.

It sounds like it may be a cold sore - I've never had one, but heard they can be very painful - when she gets one again take her to the doctor so he/she can see it first hand.

Sounds liek inpetago to me and it is very contagious. A little boy had it in daycare and my daughter got it. You need to take her to the dr.
Jade

I was just reading in Parenting magazine, about how children get cold sores on their mouths from adults who kiss their face and/or lips. This happened to one of my nephews, but my sister&husband never knew who it was because they never saw anyone else with an outbreak.

No harm in taking her to the doctor the next time it appears, and finding out for sure. If it turns out to be cold sores (herpes), then you can decide at that time to discuss with the sitter.

I can't imagine it being acne at age five. I'd take her in and let the doctor know of your suspicion. You may be correct and it may need to treated.

K. B
mom to 5 including triplets

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HarrisburgPAChat
Live within 2 hours, chat and events!

I could be wrong....but, it sounds kind of like fever blisters or cold sores. My friend and her 9 year old son get them. They can be contagious and painful. You can read about them on webmd.com. I think you should take her to the doctor to find out exactly what you are dealing with.

1 / 3