5 Year Old Constantly Making Noises. Can't Keep Quiet.

My 5 year old son has been driving me absolutely insane. He is the sweetest and most lovable kid ever but his mouth is NON STOP! He talks alot, but even when he has nothing to say he will sing or babble nonsense or make randon sounds and noises. I have tried everything I can think of. It is distuptive to everyone. He does it while we are trying to watch TV or play a game or even when him and his sister are doing homework.

I spoke to his teacher and he is not like this at school. She said that he talks quite a bit but isn't disruptive and doesnt babble and make the noises.

That obviously is a good thing that he can control it at school. I just don't know what to do with him while he is at home. It is so frustrating and disruptive to the whole family.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give!

He is relaxed at happy at home sounds like a happy normal 5 year old. He isn't going to be quiet all the time. You may want to help him find something to do to keep him busy, a hobby or looking at a book for a little while. I have 3 kids ages 9, 7 and 5 so believe me I know how you feel.

Hi, K.:

How much time do you give to this child?

Have you asked him what he needs when he starts disrupting?

Just want to know. Good luck. D.

my daughter is like that . what i did was when i needed it to be quiet i gave her a lolli pop (sugar free) i made a game out of it to see how quiet she could be while licking it . if i heard her i took it . hard candy worked too.

My 5 year old does the same thing. I don't have any advice but am curious what other parents have to say about this!

1 / 3