5 Month Old Bones Cracking When Getting Picked Up.

My son is going to be 5 months and almost everytime we go to pick him up his bones crack. They mainly in his shoulders and arms. Is there any liquid vitamin i can give or any other suggestions about vitamins for a 5 month old?

It's not a big deal. My kids did that too.
Hope this helps,
Mom to 4, soon 5 through another adoption, and hopefully more :o)

Hi S., my chiropractor told me that this is actually normal. I doubt that a vitamin would actually help. You could take him to a chiropractor just to see if all is in alignment- it never hurts to be informed:)

The same thing happened with my daughter (just turned a year) and the pediatrician said some kids' just have more fluidity in their bones and that's what causes the cracking. If your child doesn't seem to be in any pain, I wouldn't worry about it. If you're concerned and your pediatrician can't assist you, try a specialist.

Yeah, this is not anything to worry about in and of itself. It's also not anything a vitamin (or chiropractor) would help anyway. I crack and pop in just about every joint and, not surprisingly, so does my son. It can be off-putting to people who don't know what it feels like, but I have never experienced any pain with it and actually sometimes feels pretty good -- like stretching.

But, it also won't hurt anything to mention it to your pediatrician at your next regular visit and you can also discuss any need for nutritional supplements at that time as well.

my sons shoulders would pop all the time. i think it's ok/normal.

My daughter went through a phase where every time I picked her up her back would crack. She never seemed in pai. I talked to her pediatrician and my chiropractor and they both assured me it is normal and if there is no signs of pain to just keep on with normal daily life.

My son went through this as well. There's probably nothing wrong. Enjoy picking him up as long as there is no sign of discomfort in your son! As your son grows, his muscles, bones and ligaments will get stronger and this will go away. Although it can be gross to listen to (and concerning), it will pass. It did with my son!

Chiropractic. It seems ridiculous, I know, but I had to start bringing my oldest starting at 7 months because he had a twitch. Some chiropractors recommend that kids get adjusted right after birth because of the trauma of childbirth.

Bottom line is know your options and do what you think is right. Every kid is different and every parent is different, but somehow most of us turn out okay.

Hi S.. I'm a doctor of chiropractic.
I would recommend having your child evaluated by a pediatric chiropractor.
The popping and cracking you hear may be a sign that he needs care.
Check out www.ICPA4KIDS.com to find a qualified practitioner.
You are also welcome to check out our website at
www.YostFamilyChiropractic.com and view a child's adjustment.
As far as vitamins, is your child nursing? If so, he's getting all the nutrients his little body needs from you. If not, you'll need to supplement. A liquid multi called LyFlo and Innate Choice Omega-3's.

1 / 3