4Th Grade Christmas Party Game Ideas Needed

Hi ladies,

I somehow got put in charge of providing a game for my daughter's Christmas party this Thursday. The classroom is small and it is packed full of desks. There are 21 students. I have thought of pictionary on the board, charades, and "Honey, I love you. Will you please, please smile?" Does anyone have a great game out there?

Thank you for any resonses.

How about Christmas triva? That will keep them going for hours if need be. Or the about different Christmas songs and why they were written.
C. B

I have lots of ideas so if you need more feel free to email me. Here are a couple

1. Tape the nose on Rudolph (variation of pin the tail on the donkey. Draw a reindeer on posterboard and tape it up and have red pom pom's are red paper. Blindfold the kids and have them tape Rudolph's nose, it is very funny.

2. Have kids get in a cirlce, and pass the snowman or santa or whatever and have holiday music playing and when it stops whoever is holding it goes out and so on.
3. You can also do a snowball game where they have marshmallows in a baggy and try and throw them through a snowman which you make a whole out of posterboard to do.
4. A simple, easy craft is always fun.
Good Luck!!

Well If you are crafty at all you could do a slight variation on the "Pin the tail on the Donkey" game. Make good sized Christmas tree out of a poster board. Go to any scrapbooking type store (Archiver's is a good one)and most will have cut outs of ornaments. More often then not they have die cutter machines you can use with ornament dies. Just cut out enough different Colored ornaments for the kiddos and then use some ticky tack on the back and have the kids "Pin" the ornaments on the tree. As fun aside you can also offer for them to decorate their ornaments with glitter glue and stuff. I would ask the teacher about that one because they would have to have drying time before the game. Hope the kids enjoy.
Merry Christmas everyone.

Kids love decorating cookies, so if your up for them having even more treats than what they are getting already, you could get some plain ginger bread cookies and buy different things to decorate them.

I haven't read my e-mail for a few days, so I'm a little late at responding, but here are a few ideas in case you need them in the future. Cut old Christmas cards into puzzle pieces. (I cut each card into 4 pieces.) Give each child one piece. The kids have to find the other pieces that go with their card and be the first group to put their card together. Another idea is the reindeer game. Divide the kids into groups. Each group picks one child to be their reindeer. The "reindeer" puts their arms straight up for antlers. The other kids have paper plates with the middle cut out to make a ring. See what group can toss their rings over the antlers first. Hope the party goes well!

Hi T.,

For my daughter's class, we are doing a "snowball" relay race. You have the kids from two lines. One from each line goes at a time- they have a straw and a bowl of cotton balls at the beginning and have to hold to cotton ball at the end of the straw by sucking through it. They have to race to the other end and drop the cotton ball in another bowl, then they run back to tag the next runner. Let me know if that's a bad explanation!

Have fun!

1 / 3