40Th Birthday Girlfriend Getaway to Where??

So, I turn 40 at the end of this year and I would prefer celebrating it with a few close girl friends on a wonderful getaway to somewhere. But where? Doing what? I am open to endless possibilities, but unfortunately our bank account doesn't support high end trips. So...you all have such fabulous ideas and input, I can not resist asking for your input! Oh, I am not tied to any particular time of year - so throw it out there! *EDIT* I am willing to spend around $500 (give or take a bit) - I just can't afford the $3,000 trip to Los Cabos that I really want to take!
Thanks :)
W.

Thanks to everyone for such wonderful ideas! I have decided to follow a life long dream to go to the Florida Keys. I lived in Florida most of my life and still never made it down there. Since me and my girlfriends have adopted the "You only live once" attitude/motto, I thought how wonderful to go on a dream trip with my closest girlie friends! So, time to start pinching pennies and finalize our plans! Woo HOO! *grins*

How about the Riverwalk in San Antonio and you can always drive to San Marcos to the outlets? Sixth street in Austin is fun as well. If you want to stay local you can check and see how much it would cost for someone to come to your home and do manicures and pedicures or massages.They have all kinds women who do purse and makeup parties. A good old fashioned slumber party is always fun. You can use evite to send cute little invites to your friends.

Have a great one!

Hey there...My girlfriend turned 40 in January and 3 of us took a trip to Santa Fe, New Mexico (yes it was cold). We stayed at the Spa & Inn at Larda (sp) and had messages and spa treatments. It was fun. Our little winter get away. We watched for SouthWest Airlines specials and got our tickets for $49.00 each way! There was lots of shopping (handcrafted jewerly, art shops, a Coach and 9 West shoe outlet mall) great food and drinks. No husbands, no children. I also did Los Vegas with another friend. That was fun, but more expensive and required nice clothes and make up and hair...fun, but more work than Santa Fe. Hope that helps. D.

I just turned 40 and funds were an issue for me as well.

Just this past weekend -
I have a girlfriend in Houston and a couple of us met at her house. (she has a pool/hot-tub and heated it for us)
No hubbies or kiddos allowed.

We all brought wines, cheeses, fruit and chocolates. We made fresh guac and salsa. Everyone slept over for Friday and Saturday. We went Salsa dancing Saturday night.

One girlfriend brought a book about women and the different temperments - we had a blast reading it out loud and trying to identify ourselves.

Otherwise, we sat around and chatted, nibbled on great food, drank, watched chick flicks, and relaxed together (we all work demanding full time jobs).

So my suggestion - for fun and economy - find a girlfriend with a pool - willing to host, invite a few girlfriends and spend time together doing what you enjoy.

We decided the next time we get together (we do this twice a year) that we would hire a strong young fellow to come over and give us massages pool-side.

Happy Birthday - hope you have fun however you decide to celebrate!

My bff's daughter took her to Hot Springs, Ark. She says it was the best present ever. They had massages and soaked in the waters. all in their hotel. You might check this out as a destination. There are other things to do there too. They drove up in her car. It's not really that far.

hey there! LAS VEGAS...sooooooo fun! We try to do a girls' trip there once a year! Go in the summer to hang out by the beautiful pools and go to a show! (you don't have to gamble there if u don't want to, of course! there are plenty of things to see and do there) There are always cheap hotel/flight package deals!
good luck...have fun whatever you do!

Salado, Texas is a short drive from the DFW area. It has some bed and breakfasts, shopping and some local resturants. You can pull it up on the web to get an idea. This is a nice get away! Happy bday to you, and welcome to the 40's!!

Fredricksburg is a lot of fun. You can stay in a bed and breakfast and do lot's of fun boutique shopping. If you like wine and or beer this place has great wine stops and beer gardens.

Hi W.,

Bossier City (Shreveport, LA) is a lot of fun if you like gambling. It's just a three hour drive, so getting there is economical. Definitely stay in a casino hotel (like Horseshoe). The nicer ones have spa services and very nice rooms. Another idea is to play tourist in Dallas or Ft. Worth - Stay at a nice hotel and enjoy their spa services, shop, dine, etc. in ways you wouldn't normally do in your own town. Good luck and let us know what you decide!! I turn 40 at the end of April!!

1 / 3