40Th Birthday Gift Suggestions - One Gag Gift, One Sentimental Gift

Hi, my friend's husband is throwing her a surpise 40th birthday dinner and is looking for all guests to give a "gag..getting old" type of gift, and a sentimental gift as well. I just need your creativity, which I am lacking at the moment. Any suggestions????

Thanks!!

For a gag gift, they sell jumbo remote controls. You can give her one to help with her failing eye site as she gets old.

A friend of mine had a 40th birthday party for her sister. In the invitation, she sent a piece of stationery for the individual to write their favorite memory of that person. The guests arrived at the party, and the letters were collected. Those who couldn't make returned letters to the sister throwing the party. The letters were then read at the party, and the guest of honor had to guess who wrote the letter. At the end of the party, all of the letters were presented to the birthday girl in a lovely decorated box. It was a wonderful and much cherished gift.

For my brother-in-law's 40th I ordered a scrapbook kit from QVC or the Home Shopping Network (forgot which one). The kit contained a scrapbook with packages of card stock, letter stickers and other embelishments along with envelopes and return envelopes. What I did was mail a package containing one page of card stock, stickers and embelishments to 24 of his family members, old college roommates and close friends. Each person adds pictures and created a scrapbook page using the contents of the package. They sent the page back to me and I put them all into the scrapbook. It was very interesting how different each page came out. My bro-in-law was absolutely floored when he got this gift.

Another suggestion if your friend is a board game fan is Photo Opoly. It is a board game that you personalize with your own photos. There's also another game called Gamesakes which I might do for my sis-in-law. Just do an online search for them.

A basket of old lady things, bot water bottle, Bengay, anti wrinkle ceam, and things like that are alway a good gag gift. And for a sentimental gift go to Scentsy, they are wickless candles and have over 80 scents, so you can choose a smell that reminds her of a certain happy memory like beach, leather, mediterranean spa, whatever you think. I'm sure no one else will have a gift like it, and the scense of smell is so powerful. You can check them out at www.scentsy.com/danacarey

Gosh, there are all kinds...night creme, bag of marbles (or bag to keep her marbles in), cane, plastic curlers, nose hair clippers, hemorrhoid creme, night-time eye mask, depends, flannel pajamas, mustache bleach, coupon caddy, and I am sure there are more.

Depends (old lady diapers) for the gag gift. and a mani pedi "date" with youe for sentimental

Or granny panties and sexy panties would be fun too. Both would be embarassing to open

For gag gift suggestions: denture adhesive, a cane, a package of depends, a zip up house dress, hearing aid batteries, wrinkle cream, metamucil, etc. Anything that you think an older person might use. You could also walk the aisles of any pharmacy store and find plenty of GREAT ideas.
For the sentimental gift: old photos and written stories of adventures you may have had together. This is always a fun addition to a party.

**How about $40. in pennies? That would be funny and usable as well.
**40 rolls of toilet paper (again usable and funny)
**I do like the previous marbles suggestion but I would get two bags (for when she loses his marbles)
**40 1 cent stamps (to prepare for the next rate hike)
**40 $1.oo gift certificates to everywhere (McDonalds, Del Taco, Yum Yum, etc.)
**a basket full of depends, denture cream, fleet(for constipation) preperation H, readers digest etc.
**a shirt that says "I am old and not afraid to use it" (I should get that one copywrited)
**a menapause survival kit with a big "keep away" sign, ice packs, advil, vodka(or ginger ale), chocolate, exlax, and so on...
I'll keep thinking I love this kind of stuff.

1 / 3