40Th Birthday Gift Ideas

Hi moms,

I was invited to a coworkers 40th birthday party. She is a releatively new friend of mine so I don't know her all that well and I was wanting some feedback from other mom's on what was a great gift for you. She has a step daughter that is 17 and not really a girly girl, like me so I'm struggling with gift ideas. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks !!

Is cost a factor?

I'd see if a coworker or two would be willing to go in on a gift. I like the idea of a gift card, but $40 seems a little high for someone who is not a very close friend.

I always love Amazon.com gift certificates. You can buy almost anything on there now. I think all you might need is her email address

you could always find out her favorite store, restaurant, or movie theatre and get her a gift card. You didn't mention how much you want to spend, but one or 2 of those things would be nice.

My sister makes the most amazing gifts ever!
www.novelcreations.etsy.com
She takes any favorite book and makes it into a purse!
Awesome stuff!

$40 gift card. 40 of her fav gum flaver (40 pieces), 40 fav candy bars, 40 fav drinks (diet cokes)....etc

I used to work at Central Market in Southlake. I did this gift idea several times and it was always appreciated: I bought one of their REUSABLE shopping totes (99 cents to $1.99), and put a few of my favorite food items, plus a gift card. Then I'd tie the handles of the tote together with a ribbon. Central Market has several gift card designs to choose from and they used to give a free greeting card to put the gift card in (don't know if they still do that). One of my favorite items that just came back into the store - - and is AMAZING - - is a jar of pumpkin butter! (They don't have it all the time.) They also had mini-loaves of pumpkin bread for sale 2/$5 this week. Other items for fall might be: Honeycrisp apples ($1 each) and caramel dipping sauce, sparking apple cider, fall-colors flower bouquet, decadent luxurious bar of chocolate, HANES sugar-cane sodas(which have NO corn-syrup which blocks our hormone that tells us we are full & to stop eating!), delicious sour-dough bread, pumpkin pie making stuff (can of pumpkin, cloves, ginger, etc.) Hope this gives you some ideas. Good luck!

I'll have to second the bottle of wine gift idea. That is always appreciated to one that enjoys wine, even if only every once in a while.

Maybe you and a couple other co-workers can go in on a day at a spa for a massage.

I have several friends who love chocolate so for 40th birthdays I make baskets with 40 chocolate different chocolate items. Different candy bars a packet of hot chocolate mix, brownie mix,chocolate chips, chocolate covered pretzels,hot fudge sauce, etc. It takes a while and trips to a few stores sometimes but it is always the hit of the party. It is an added bonus that I do not like chocolate so I am not tempted as I gather items. My sister was pregnant and I think she was almost done eating the whole thing by the time her party was over.

What about a personalized coffee mug or water bottle? You can see them on my website at www.institches.biz. Or maybe a cute scarf...the weather is getting colder and the "in" thing is to wear a scarf with a plain shirt.

Dear L.,
I actually do Birthday parties on a regular basis. With my Mary Kay business there are two ways most folks use my services for Birthdays.
One way is that they have the party and they ask me to arrive and I give a pampering session to the Birthday gal and her guests. It could be a facial or a spa session for hands and feet. The cost is simply a gift certificate and then the cost of any products that you choose to purchase.
Another way is that they give me as the gift. What that includes is a Microdermabrasion Facial, a color facial, and a Spa session. The cost is a gift certificate for them to spend with me at any monetary amount you choose. This allows them to choose the time and date in which to use their gift.
During the sessions she learns how to best care for her skin in whatever season of life she is currently in. She also receives customized products for herself with the gift certificate. Every product is 100% guaranteed so she will never have a drawer full of buying mistakes.
It is a unique way to help anyone celebrate. I also do a version of this for teens and pre-teens using products just right for their age of skin.
If you have further questions feel free to call me at ###-###-####
Enjoy celebrating,
R. Kuipers
www.marykay.com/rkuipers

1 / 3