4 Yr Old Girl B-day Gift Ideas

Hello! My son just started pre-school and has been invited to a classmates birthday party. The party if for a little girl who is turning 4. Any gift ideas? I am not sure what she likes (we just started pre-school) and have no idea's what to a buy a little girl. I go to the store and end up in the train section! lol! Thanks for any suggestions!

Thanks to everyone for the great suggestions! We ended up buying her art supplies, construction paper, coloring book, crayons, and glitter markers (big hit; the little girl opened them and said "awesome!").

I always start with the Oppenheim Toy Awards http://www.toyportfolio.com/

Once you find an awesome toy, it can be kind of a pain to find it in stores. But I've had some pretty good luck if I have a list of 5 or so that look cool and that are pretty big brand names.

Other than that, books, play-doh, and art supplies are good standbys.

-K.

My daughter loved polly pockets and dress up... so jewlery is fun too!
She also enjoyed coloring books, drawing paper etc.
Puzzles, books, play dough could be for either a boy or a girl

Art supplies are always good because they are consumable. Melissa and Doug make great craft kits for girls that age (paint a jewerly box, etc.) that are pretty reasonable...maybe $10-$15. They have them at most toys sotres and book stores.

My daughter is 4 and right now the craze is Tinker Bell. Any Tinker Bell or the other fairies from "Pixie Hollow" (where Tinker Bell lives) I bet she would love.

My middle child (girl) just turned 4. Here's what she really loves right now: Barbies, Littlest Pet Shop, Polly Pockets, coloring books & crayons, Legos (real ones, not the Duplos) - especially sets from the Lego City line, simple, easy "ready-to-read" level books, Little People playsets, playdoh, toy kitchen with dishes/food and dressup stuff.

My daughter on her 4th birthday last year received a Orb Factory Sticky Mosaics - Princess - she loved it. It's learning and having fun. Crafts for girls always seem to be a hit. Check with the teacher for suggestions of the little girl's interests. Best wishes.

We have all girls in our family, so I am used to buying girl stuff! Anything Princess, My Little Pony, or Littlest Pet Shop are always a hit. They have playsets in all price ranges so it's fairly easy to find something. Good luck!

How about a gift card to Build a Bear? Maybe too much $ for someone you don't know well. I guess it just depends on how much you want to spend. A gift card would probably need to be at least $20.

Otherwise, all kids love Mickey Mouse and coloring so you could go to the local target and get something like that.

My little girls were never into dolls, but they both loved make believe. You can't go wrong with dress up. Go to the thrift store and by the gaudiest high heels, a slip that could double as an evening gown, a gaudy hat and tacky jewelry. The flashier it is, the more she will love it. Then put it in a special bag or old vanity case.

1 / 3