4 Year Old with Loose Tooth

Hey ladies,
I have a questoin my little girl has her first loose tooth! I am really worried shell be 5 in September. My mother says that this isn't good. I called her pediatrican and spoke with a nurse and took her to the dr for an appointment and both the nurse that I spoke to and the Dr. at the visit said that this was normal. Ive researched it online and my aunt believes that there coudl be something wrong! My sister- in-law also says that this isnt normal and that I better hope that there is a tooth behind it . I am nervous! I think ive posted this before but Im still nervous. If anyone has any advice or has gone through this please let me know
thank you in advance

K GIRLS AND HOUR AFTER I POSTED THIS SHE LOST THE TOOTH!!! STRANGE HUH? SHE WAS SOOO EXCITED I AM GOING TO BE TAKING HER TO THE DENTIST... IT LOOKS SO SILLY ITS HER FIRST BABY TOOTH WHICH SHE HAD GOTTEN EARLY AT ABOUT 6 MONTHS i BELIEVE SHE HAD THE FIRST 2 BOTTOM ONES... SO I GUESS ITS ON TRACK I THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH FOR YOUR FEED BACK IT IS MORE THAN APPRECIATED.

I wouldn't worry about it unless she hit something to make it loose. My daughter had lost 4 teeth by the time she was 5 years old and all of her adult teeth came in just fine! I spoke with the dentist and he said that the earlier they get teeth, the earlier the baby teeth will fall out. My daugther started teething at 4 months and by 8 months had 8 teeth, so don't worry!
Every person is different, so let her grow at her own pace. Have a great day!

Not to worry! Happened to my daughter at same age, took her to dentist. All is well. The only concern with loosing teeth this early is the pattern it follows. As long as she is losing them the same way she got them (i.e. first one in, first one out, etc.) I was told not to worry. And yes, within days, the "grown up tooth" was making its way in. By the time she was 5 she lost 2 teeth and they have since grown in perfectly fine.

Was she an early teether? My daughter didn't get a tooth until 13 months and didn't lose one until she was a 7 year old second grader. I researched and found out that both extremes are normal. 4 1/2 is not unheard of, especially if she got her first teeth before 6 months.

Please do not let family worry you, you are a good mother and have great instinct, besides your doctors are telling you everything is fine, so please relax.

Also My son lost his teeth at the same age, he started to teeth at 3 months so it was expected. The tooth will not loosen with out a tooth pushing it out. I know this because my husband still has 6 baby teeth in his mouth right now because he is missing the adult teeth. Some heve needed to be pulled and replaced with artifical, but they did not come out on there own. Nature is taking it's course.

Take care, and keep up the good work, remind your family every child is different and grow and develope at different rates,, as long as his doctor is comforatable with what is going on so are you.

If I were you, I wouldn't worry. My son got his first teeth at 4 months and by 12 months he ad all 16. I swear he could have eaten a steak at his first birthday. Therefore I fully expect him to lose them early too. Also ask yourself, what do you think is actually wrong? If she loses the tooth and a new one comes in right after it, and even if it is happening really early, what is the problem? Are you concerned that there will be no teeth behind it or that she has gum problems that are causing her to lose the tooth?
If you continue to feel stressed, take her to a dentist. I am sure a dentist could tell you if there she had gum problems.

First teeth just don't fall out. And if the tooth that is falling out is white like a normal tooth it is a heathly live tooth. If the tooth has turned black and is falling out, that means the root is dead and there is a problem. So if the tooth is a normal white tooth, then she just happens to be losing her teeth early. If your really that worried take her to a pediatric dentist, or even call one.

S., don't worry. My daughter lost between 6 and 8 teeth from age 4 to 5! We had a blast with it. It is an exciting time in a childs life...the tooth fairy and money...they think they are hot stuff! There were teeth behind her baby teeth...that's what was pushing the baby teeth out. She is now 15, with a gorgeous set of pearly whites.

If the pediatrician and dentist say it's fine, then relax. Let her body do what it needs to do.

My son lost his first tooth at 4 and a half and I freaked out too. I asked this group... googled... called the dentist... I was nervous as well. There is nothing to worry about, some kids just start losing their teeth earlier than others. If you're really concerned you can take her to the dentist and have it checked out, but it is very unlikely you have anything to worry about :)

1 / 3