4 Year Old's Birthday Party Location

My daughter will be turning four next month and we're thinking about doing a birthday party somewhere other than at our house. Does anyone have a suggestion for a great place? We're in the northern suburbs, so somewhere near there would be preferable.

Also, what do you think about who we should invite? She goes to preschool and wants some of those kids to come. Is it rude to just invite a few or should we find a location that can have a big group of kids? (Nobody else in the class has done a party that way.) I've always kind of had the idea that you can invite one kid for each year, plus one. So I don't know about having a huge group. She doesn't need a ton of presents and I wouldn't want people to think that's why we invited a big group. Anyway... help! :-)

The Eagle's Nest is an indoor playground. You can rent a party room to do cake and presents and contain the children.

Chuck-e-cheese is always fun for the kids, but I refuse to pay for the party option. I'm cheap.

Only invite the kids she wants to invite. Keep it under control. 4 year olds can be crazy in numbers. Just have the teacher hand out the cards in secret so that no one feels bad.

I heard there's a church in Andover that has a big indoor playground that rents for like $70 for a couple of hours. All you have to do is bring cake! Sadly, I don't know the name of the church. Any moms out there know where it is?

You could check out Pump-It-Up in Ham Lake. I haven't used them, but what I like about it is that it's closed to the public during the party. They do food, decorations, etc.

http://www.pumpitupparty.com/StoreHome.aspx?StoreID=91&am...

I've been to birthday parties at Adventure Park in Ham Lake, but they do NOT close it to the public so your party kids sort of get lost among the other children using the facilities. Plus, it's VERY crowded.
http://www.adventureparkinc.com/

Or, you could try your local community center, some will include the swimming pool with your party.

Maple Grove's Community Center also has Maple Maze. Eastman Nature Center (Elm Creek area) also does party packages according to age. I think it's only $55 for 2 hours and you can have up to 15. They have many different themes and are pretty good at tailoring it to your child.

My son just went to a pool party at Maple Grove Community Center. I don't know how much it cost but the kids had a BLAST! I guess you can choose different party packages that can include a decorated room, cake, food, etc.
I think it would be perfectly appropriate to only invite children your daughter is good friends with, however many that may be.

Have you looked into Adventure Park in Ham Lake? It is relatively inexpensive and my kids love it. I have an almost 4 year old and a 2 year old. It is like a large indoor playland for younger kids...ages 1 to 7. It has slides and crawltubes. I think their website is www.adventureparkinc.com

Hope this is helpful. My boys are having a joint party there at the beginning of March.

First, invite only who she wants. Just do it discretely so other children do not feel left out. One of the other's mentioned the church. It is Prairie Oak Community Church with Promiseland Activity Park...it is wonderful! We had my 4 year olds party there in November. It was the most well run party I have ever had or been to. They are fabulous! Also, a McDonalds with a play place is fun and relatively inexpensive. The one off of HWY 10 in Anoka is pretty nice. Pump It Up is fun, but pretty expensive. If you are doing a small group I also think Build A Bear does birthday parties. They are at Ridgedale and Mall of America, but would be so fun for a group of girls. Good luck and have a great party!

I don't know if you are close to maple grove, but they have a great indoor play area where we have my daughters party every year. The have party packages or you can rent a room and just buy the wristbands for the kids to play. Thats what we usually do. My daughter is turning five and we will be there again for the 4th year. She is only having 5 guests but the parents and adults can all come and hang out in the party room. Another party I have done alot with my boys was the YMCA. They have great party pkgs for a decent price. You can do a pool party, play area party, or both. Good luck.

1 / 3