4 Teeth at 7 Months Old!!!

Okay, the question is: Does anyone know if this is normal? I mean the first two yes.. but my daughter (7 months old) has 4 teeth, two on the bottom and two on the top. Not buds. They are all the way IN. I mean we are still on first foods.. and yet I am thinking that she might be better off with some Z toast. None of my others kids had this many teeth this early. Anyone else??

My 6 1/2 month old has 3 teeth. She's not too interested in anything but breast milk so we're not getting much use out of those teeth yet!!

While there is definitely a typical pattern of when teeth come in, my son's have been very slow while a friend a week younger had teeth before he started solids. I believe it can be heridetary.

Totally normal. My daughter just hit the 7 month mark and she has 7 teeth. I was completely shocked and a little worried at worst but after talking with her doctor, she reassured me that it was normal. All babies are different.

Hi V.

Yes, its early but not totolly unusual. I have heard of teething as early as 3 or 4 months. My daughter got her first 2 bottom teeth in at 6 or 7 momths then nothing else till about 16 months, then everything else came at once. Try not to get got up in comparing her to much to others. If this one has a different father than the others that might explain it, because that what dad might have done.

Try some of the #2 jar foods. I have even put cereal in yorgurt at this age. Anything that can be swallowed easily or disolves in the month easily is OK a few bite at a time. I gave one of my kids a bite pumkins pie at Thanksgiving one year. Go ahead let her taste new stuff.

Hi ! How fun ! My daughter was 6 weeks premature and was 8 months with 4 teeth and more were on their way! Because of the teeth,we actually skipped the babyfood for the most part and doc said it was fine for table food as long as she was getting the nutrition she needed and no choke hazards etc.. I think personally it was a good idea,she is not a picky eater at all ! She loves anything and everything, including broccoli ! LOL !

No stress! Yes, she may be ahead of schedule, but really anything is within norms when it comes to teeth coming in early. Trust me -- I asked the doctors. Both my sons had at least that many teeth by six months. My second had 4 teeth by 3 1/2 months and is now 11 months and eats normal table food with his full mouth of teeth. It's very handy once they get the hang of food as long as you watch carefully. Have fun with your full house!

My friend's 9 month old has NINE teeth! He started when he was 3 1/2 months old. She has had trouble with the food thing also. I don't know what to tell ya.

My son got his first tooth at 4 months, and the second tooth a couple days later. He had just those two for a couple months, then broke four through all at once, so he had six by the time he was 7 months old. I dont think there is a 'normal' for teething, it depends on the child and I was told that if the parents got teeth early, the child will too. He is now almost 16 months old and has 19 teeth!! He only has one molar left, and it is trying to poke through, just hasnt popped yet.

1 / 3