4 Month Old Not Eating

MY 4 MONTH OLD HAS NOT BEEN EATING THE WHOLE BOTTLE LATELY. WE HAVE BEEN GIVING HER 6OZ. SOMETIMES SHE EATS 5OZ, SOMETIMES 3, SOMETIMES 4. VERY SELDOM DOES SHE EAT THE WHOLE THING. IS THIS SOMETHING TO BE CONCERNED ABOUT? ANY SUGGESTIONS OR ANSWERS?? THANKS FOR YOUR TIME

Don't stress....babies go through a lot of ups and downs when eating. She knows when she's hungry and when she's full, and that's a good thing. Don't force her to finish the bottle if she doesn't want to because that can cause all kinds of problems. As long as she seems happy and healthy and doesn't seem to be acting sick at all, don't worry. Her appetite will pick up when she hits another growth spurt. And be prepared when she hits a year old that her appetite may come to a near complete halt! She'll stop growing as quickly as she has been and you may think she's going to starve to death. But it's all right, she will tell you when she's hungry and she'll eat as much as she needs. As long as she growing like she should be, don't worry at all. It's very normal.

how long has she been not eating well for you? Do you think it could be related to her getting sick? does she have any other symptoms? Has there been any other changes in her behavior like sleeping? getting teeth?

sorry I have more questions than answers. :) I can help you if I know more info. :D

First of all are you adding rice to the bottles? If so its normal to have the baby drink less than before. and if this is not the case, then just make sure the baby is still having plenty of wet diapers everyday. Keep track of how many and if you are conserned call your doctor and ask them.The baby will decide how hungray they are. good luck

I wouldn't be worried about it....my 6 month old boy goes through the same thing once in a while. If you're really worried about it call her doctor and let them know that you would like a weight check. Any good doctor will not have a problem with this. If there is no weight loss and there's no problem with weight gain (which her doctor will know) there's nothing to worry about. My 2 1/2 year old girl still does this. She eats like a horse one day and then barely nibbles the next. Kids self-regulate eating, they stop when they're full. Like I said tho, call the doctor for a weight check if you're really concerned, better be safe than sorry. :)

My first son didn't eat more than four ounces until he was almost a year old. As long as your daughter is still gaining weight and growing, I wouldn't worry too much. Try not to force your child to eat more than they are willing eat. It can lead to obesety in adolencents. Good Luck and enjoy motherhood.

Keep in mind that babies go through growth spurts at different times. Their eating habits may also be effects by what's going on around them. It is not uncommon for the amount of milk intake to fluctuate. Try for some consistency, offering the same amount at every feeding. If she doesn't take it all, that's fine. As long as she is happy and gaining weight at an acceptable rate, you have nothing to worry about!!! Let her do her own thing right now!

Remember your baby knows how much she needs. Unless she starts losing weight, odds are she is inbetween growth spurts and doesnt need as much. I really cant say dont worry, as a mother you do worry. I know when my 2 yr old eats a bite and says she's full, I freak out, or when my 3 month old eats one whole bottle less that day, I think I am doing something wrong. Its natural for your child's appetite to change thru the years. Just wait until they get big enough to eat a regular meal and they have a growth spurt. My 2 yr old once ate two big plates of food, which of course had me concerned. ;) Good Luck!

1 / 3