4 Month Old Breastfed Baby Sleeping Through the Night

My four month old has been sleeping through the night for about a month at least mayby longer. He doesnt cry when he wakes up i hear him playing in his bed 7 am as soon as i get in there hes very excited to eat and a little impatient.
thorughout the day hes very happy and like to eat 1 1/2-3 hrs depending on his naps.
Do you think this is ok?

As long as he is growing well and is happy, you are doing great and are very lucky! Good luck with the breast feeding.

I have 3 children who were all breastfed and they all started sleeping through the night at 4 months old. They were fine and I was counting my blessings at having a complete night sleep. In the mornings I was pretty full so the baby would feed off one side and would pump the other and store the milk.

Baby's sleep when they feel they need sleep. Both of my boy's (one 3yrs and the other 12yrs)slept through the night the day they came home from the hospital. Feed them when they are hungry and make sure they have good weight gain. A child will tell you what he or she needs, so let him tell you if he needs food or sleep.

Girl!!! Enjoy it! If he doesn't seem to mind, and is growing and healthy then I wouldn't worry. I've had all four of my babies sleeping through the night at three months. God Bless.

Absolutely, my older brother was like that. I am still hoping for one myself. Fouth time is a charm?

As long as he is producing enough wet diapers and is growing without concern...BOY ARE YOU LUCKY!!!

I think it is just fine. I am a new mother, my son is 4 1/2 months old and he litterally eats every hour n a half. They say at his age he should be eating every 2-4 hours,but from what I understand every baby is different. Maybe your son is still just trying to figure out his own schedule. I don't think you should be concerned that he doesn't cry when he wakes up, my son does that sometimes too!

You are a lucky one. If Doctor say its fine don't worry about it.

it's absolutely ok! my 6 month old girl did exactly the same thing. as long as you're little one is thriving weight-wise and such, let him sleep and be grateful! :)

C.,
Congrats on nursing!

This is totally okay, though not entirely common :-) Enjoy it while it lasts! an excellent point about counting diapers to be certain of good hydration...

It sounds like you're nursing on demand throughout the day...that would give me more peace of mind about the longer stretches at night. It could be this is the tail end of a growth spurt and he's getting ready to be more active :-) I remember a friend saying that from the time her dd (now 7y) was a baby, her growth spurts were very obvious - eat a lot, sleep a lot, buy new shoes :-)

congrats again

K., mama to
Catherine, 4y
Samuel, 15m

1 / 3