3Lb Bags of Frozen Chicken

I was wondering if anyone knew about how many chicken breasts come in one of the 3lb frozen bags of chicken.

Depends on the size of the breasts. I have gotten anywhere from 5-8 depending on the size of each breast piece. Most of my bags are 2.5 lbs. Some are small and some are extra large. If you can feel the bag and count you can usually get an idea.

A chicken weighs, 2-3 lbs. I am assuming 2 breasts.

usually 5-6 large breast

8-10 if you are talking about the bags at Walmart.

It varies on sizes. But the best thing to do is read what the bag says, or thaw it out and before cooking it - count it and you will know the next time to purchase more or less. I wish all the questions were that wasy. Have a great day.
Ag

They are probably about 6 oz each (unless they are really big) so figure about 8.

There are several sizes of pieces. Some are called 'fillets', I believe while others are the whole breast half. The bags will say 'average number of pieces' or something, and if it's the 'IQF' (individually quick frozen) kind, you can feel or see the pieces through the bag. I've used several kinds/brands and they're all good. Some have salt already added, though, so if that an important factor to you, watch for it on the label.

I'm going to say any where from 8 to 10.
I usually buy the Walmart bag.

1 / 3