36 Weeks Pregnant & My Feet,legs Are Super Swollen...

Omg ladies!!! My ankles,feet,and legs are so swollen. I have some redness here and there on my lower calfs. When I get up to walk I feel like they are going to pop!!! My appt isnt till tuesday. Should I call labor and delivery is this normal? Is it supposed to hurt? What can I do to make it stop or help? I have 3 more weeks until my scheduled c-section. Will they do it earlier if this doesnt stop? Well thanks ladies for letting me pick yall's brains!!!

Ok Well I went to the doctor and was admitted to the hospital for 24hrs. They kept me until my headache and swelling went down. My blood pressure was high. But they said that it was just high blood pressure and not preeclampsa (spelling). So they said just stay off my feet as much as I can until my scheduled c-section. Thanks everyone that left us advice. I

here is a good article on this http://pregnancy.about.com/cs/symptoms/a/swelling.htm You should note that the article warns that not enough salt can worsen the symptoms! "When swelling is sudden or extreme, or found in not only the legs and feet, but face and hands, it can be something serious. You should report this type of swelling to your midwife or doctor immediately. You should also report swelling that does not go away after many hours of rest. If you're at a higher risk for complications that include swelling like preecclampsia your practitioner should have explained what you are looking for and when it needs to be reported."

Hope that helps. Just to let you know, I had a c-section at 36 and 37 weeks and both babies were in the NICU. The longer you can wait to get the baby out the better for the baby, so if you can get this treated without taking the baby that is very good.

Call or Go to the Doctor!!!

Doctor right now. Call.

i would go to the dr. today. get your blood pressure checked, too!

Call your Dr. Immediately. This could be pre-eclampsia or full blown eclampsia which can be harmful to you and your baby!

Everyone else is right-you should contact your doctor immediately. If you do not have high blood pressure and they clear you of preclampsia, you are probably just like I was. No medical worries, just MAJOR swelling. Whatever you do, DO NOT use heat-no hot water or heat of any kind-this made it soo much worse for me-especially the pain. I iced my legs and feet while elevated and would have my husband rub the swelling and it would help a lot. But support hose really worked by compressing it, and that helped the pain the most. Also, I was walking 4 miles a day, so I would stay off my feet all day, until my walk, and amazingly, although my feet would hurt a little more after the walk, the swelling would go down tremendously. Then of course, I would put my feet back up and ice them and rub them. Stay away from salt! Good luck.

This happened to me 12 yrs ago. Get to the ER now!!! I waited 4 days and they had to put anti seizure meds under my tongue. They did a c-section the next day at 25 weeks. We are both healthy now. Good luck. What to expect if you go-take your bag for delivery, make arrangemenets for the other kids for up to a week. I stayed in the hospital 1 week. They had to control my blood pressure before I could come home. This was only a pg health issue and I have no effects now. They don't know what causes toxemia/pre-eclampsia. It was my 2nd pregnancy. Your baby may have to be admitted for a short time but no lasting effects either.

you really need to see your doctor about your legs. If you are having complications then they will take the baby early. It sounds like you may have some cellulitis in your legs--which may only need antibiotics. I totally understand being puffy as my last one had my legs and feet swollen too, but yours sound a little extreme. please make an appt as soon as possible.

1 / 3