35 Weeks Pregnant and Losing Weight?

Went to the doc. today and found I had lost 2 pounds in 2 weeks. Forgot to ask the doctor about it, but found it kind of strange. I'm eating like a horse and according to all the books, baby is gaining a half pound per week now. Why would I be losing weight?

it is normal to loose weight right before the baby is born. realistically you could go any time now...being 35 weeks...

with both my kids I lost anywhere from 3-6 lbs a couple of weeks before they were born...

FYI - my doctor told me when you lose a pound or two, it usually means the baby's coming soon. When that happened to me she was like "see you before your next appointment" - and she was right. Hope you are all set (even though it's early) just in case!

Very normal. Your weight varies daily. Try not to worry about it.

35 weeks myself, I had lost a couple pounds at my last appt. too the doctor never even brought it up..if your bp, urine, and keep measuring okay, those are the main things they check out..

I have gained very little weight this pregnancy, then just this week I think I have gained three pounds..it all comes off, i just want a healthy baby!

Hello! Congrats on baby! The same thing happened to a good friend of mine about a month ago. (she has since delivered). Her doctor was not worried, he just explained to her that her calorie count should be @2500 to 3000 calories in third trimester. My friend is very health conscious and was going to the gym and afraid of gaining too much weight and found that she needed to up her calorie count more. Hope this helps some...

You could be a bit dehdrated or your amniotic fluid could have reduced in preparation for labor. Your retaining water during pregnancy all over your body in your lymphatic system and tissues, if that fluctuates, so will your weight.

Were you wearing chunky shoes the last time you were weighed, or do they weigh you in your birthday suit?

If your doctor isn't concerned, you probably don't need to be. If you know you're eating right, you should be fine.

Unless you have other symptoms that make you nervous or you have a "gut instinct" that tells you something's wrong, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

If it's keeping you up at night, call your doctor or a nurse at his/her practice and talk about it.

There are enough things to worry about when you're waiting for baby to arrive, don't let this be one of them. I jokingly call my pregnancies weight loss programs. I never had any sickness or vomiting, and had a huge appetite during both pregnancies. During the first one, I lost 10 lbs in total, during the second I lost 6 lbs. Both of my daughters were beautiful and healthy.

I hope this puts your mind at ease. Good luck with the new baby.

It could be you're not retaining water like you once used to as it is going all into the amnio sac. Don't be concerned - you're almost there!

1 / 3