3 Yr Old Daughter Has Really Bad Rash on Her Body!

My daughter has always had what the doctors said is eczema since the time she was born. So I have used any and all lotions (Aquaphor,hydrocortizone cream,eucerin,aveeno,lubriderm,cetaphil) All of these creams/lotions cause burning sensations on her rash areas which are the inside folds of her arms and legs, under her palms,under her neck, her armpits and all down her legs. She doesnt have the rash on her stomach though. With the hot weather it we have been getting lately, it seems to be making it worse. Today when we went out to run some errands, it was 100 degrees out and we were never outside for more than 5 minutes but the areas broke out and she started itching hard! It looks so painful!! she even itched her arms so bad that they started to bleed! Before we went out I was put Eucerin on her itch spots to prevent the itch urge but it obviously didnt work. I have stopped her on all dairy thinking that might be the culprit but its been 4 days since and today was one of the worst days for her. I dont know what to do! When I give her a bath she says the bathwater burns her skin(and i havent even put anything in the water yet). I just want to take this away from her because it looks so painful! I made an appointment with a homeopathic dr next week and I hope he can help figure out what is causing this. Anyone have any suggestions that I have not already tried (as mentioned above)??? Any advice would be great!

Thank you everyone!!! I have a lot of great information from all of you that I will start implementing. So far, I have stopped using the bounce dryer sheets and am only using fragrance free detergent for sensitive skin. Today I am hitting the Whole Foods store to get some all natural shampoo. My husband bought hemp cream from the Body Shop(the woman there recommended it for eczema) yesterday it helped her for a brief period but today she cried that it burned her skin. I have been trying to keep her indoors to avoid flare ups which is hard because its summer and she wants to go out and play! Last night was hard, we didn't get much sleep,she was itching all over and really digging at it again, I tried putting cold wet towel on her skin to ease the pain. So today I am switching the sheets to bounce free ones, it might be that. I am keeping my appointment with the homeopathic dr as I think he will help, he has helped some familys that I know who are battling with similar issues, he said he will use a special device to identify her allergies if she has any with a machine called Asyra. I hope it works! Once again, thank you so much! I will be putting your advice to use to see what works for her. Send healing vibes our way please!

tonight give her benedryl. She is having a reaction to something. Could be dairy, could be eggs, could be heat rash, etc. Have her tested for allergies. Eczema is a reaction to something.

This may sound weird, but my hubby's cousin uses Mary Kay's Extra Emolient Night Cream for her eczema. She said it's the only thing that can help her. If you'd like, I can send you a sample of it for you to try.

We are in the exact same boat as you. My sons hands are itching like crazy. The dr. did not know what it is. We did several days of claratin and lotions, but it did not help. We are off to the dermatologist on Monday...I can let you knw what happens.

If you haven't already I would switch to natural soaps, shampoos, lotions, etc... I have a book of natural remedies and one thing suggested is drinking lots of pure water every day. Pre and probiotics were among other suggestions of supplements.

Try "dream cream" from Lush, Its made by all natural ingredians and totally safe for babies.
I also get the "oatmeal facial" to occasianlly rub all over my babys body while he sits in the bathtub.
Its very soothing for dry itchy skin and also smells delicious. They are little pricy but I don't waste my money on anything else plus I use them too so its totally worth it.!!

Please see an allergist. My daughter had eczema on the insides of her knees and elbows, and would scratch horribly almost constantly. We tried all different creams and lotions and soaps, and we changed laundry detergents to all natural, no scent, etc. Nothing really helped. It turned out to be a food allergy -- to eggs! After removing all eggs from her diet, she is eczema free. Unbelievable. At 3 years old, your daughter is old enough for a scratch test with an allergist -- it might solve the problem.

Have her tested for food allergies/sensitivities & environmental allergies asap. Every child I know that has eczema has food allergies (most of them with multiple food allergies) or sensitivites including my own sons (tree nuts, eggs & garlic). We have to use All free & Clear, Bounce Free, Cetaphil & Vaseline Creamy. For his flares he uses Aclovate. Nothing else works. But we have also wrapped all our bedding, installed air cleaners, etc. It is also summer so make sure you are washing off sunscreen and chlorine as soon as possible after exposure. See an allergist. Good luck!

I'm so sorry your daughter has gone through such a terrible ordeal. I'm no doctor, but it does sound like an allergy to something. Someone else mentioned using natural products and I'm all for that. I don't have a personal experience to relate...I just have experiences of other I know who have converted their homes like I have to products that don't have any harsh chemicals like formaldehyde (which has been linked to eczema as other terrible diseases not necessary to mention at this moment). Even things like Johnson's Baby Shampoo has it in there so you've really got to watch everything in your home. I get every household product from a superior health & wellness company that actually saves us money.
As far as the rash goes...I know many who have gotten complete relief from using Renew Lotion. No more rash or itching...and no more topical steroids. There's also a Renew Body Wash too. They're even safe enough for newborn skin. My 3 year old son had eczema (just a slight bumpy rash) on his shoulders that the doctor said would be there forever. His bumps have disappeared since I started using Renew Lotion on him when he was 20 months old. Your daughter's case is obviously more serious, but I wholeheartedly recommend trying it out. Let me know if you'd like more info.
Good luck and God bless.

I agree with the moms who think she may be responding to something in her diet or on her clothes. An allergist appt seems prudent. As for the symptoms, I didn't find the lotions you listed to be very helpful either. However, lanolin (like you'd use for cracked nipples when nursing) seemed to do wonders on the irritated skin my daughters would suffer with during a breakout of excema. Theirs was never bad enough to make them bleed from scratching, so I would definitely try to find the cause and eliminate that if possible. Good luck to you and your precious dd!

1 / 3