3 Year Old's Hands Hurt

So my 3 year complains at least once a day that the muscles in his hands hurt. He says they hurt when he wiggles them around. I know they have growing pains, but I have never heard of them in their hands. Any suggestions? Have you ever heard of this before?

Does he play any type of games (video or computer) games where he uses repetition on his hands? If not I would give it a week and then maybe if he is still having issues to call your Pediatrician. My experience with growing pains has been mainly legs and arms but you never know. Rub his hands for him, like a hand massage and see if that gives him some relief.

This can be a sign of more serious issues. They thought my little one had a temporary form of arthritis. You need to see Pediatrician and have them evaluate.

I know this sounds weird, but have you thought about arthritis? A friend of mine was diagnosed with it when she was little. I'm not sure if this is anything like that, but you could have it checked out.

This may sound drastic, but does he have any deformity of his fingers? Arthritis is rare in young children, but those are the first symptoms and worth looking at. Let us know what it is.

I agree with the other moms - have your son checked out for juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. It's one of those things that are often passed off for growing pains but can be managed effectively if caught early enough. If that is not the case, try consulting with a chiropractor.

1 / 3