3 Year Old Birthday Gift for a Girl!

Hi Moms!
My daughter just got invited to her first "kid" birthday party for her little friend across the street. I have absolutley NO idea what to give as gift. I know she is a fan of Minnie Mouse (she was on the invitation) so I had thought about those Disney Crocs. But is a 3 year old going to be excited about a pair of shoes? I am looking to spend about $30 on the gift, so if anyone has any suggestions, I would be most grateful! This is a whole new world we are entering and I am at a complete loss! Thanks ladies!

Thanks so much for the suggestions! We ended up going with sidewalk chalk, bubbles and a Mickey Mouse activity kit! It was a hit! Now we have another party next Sunday for a 1 year old...welcome to the world of birthday parties! :)

Love the summer idea, we do this for most summer birthday parties. Get a bucket with the sand digging tools, a noodle, some goggles, a beach ball, a beach towel and some bubbles or side walk chaulk. It is always a hit, you can customize it in color for the gender and get age appropriate items. Blow up the beach ball and put in the noodle (kids LOVE to get a big package, they don't care how much it costs, you can do this for much less than $30!

I would say there's no need to spend $30 on a gift for a birthday party. There are usually a lot of gifts from lots of people, so just do something little for like $10. Sometimes the birthday girl receives so many toy gifts, the parents might appreciate receiving a gift the child needs. I usually RSVP to parties and at the same time ask the parents what the child is interested in or if she needs anything.

Many little girls like Dora the Explorer, barbie dolls, pretend makeup or hair dressing. Practically every child loves bubbles and side walk chalk.

My little girl just turned 4 and we got her crocs and she loved them. She alo receved a crown and wand and lots of play jewelery. Clothes and coloring books are always good and art supplies always keep them busy. Good luck!

Almost all 3 year olds love to play dress up. Instead of getting real clothes/shoes, get dress-up stuff like tiara, boa, princess dress, hats, fake jewelry, etc. You can find whole sets in most toy stores. Some even sell them in a chest, but I don;t recall the cost. And, if she gets duplicates, they are most likely to keep both sets to share when friends come over.

Unless you're in the family, I think "fun" gifts are always the best bet.

My children (2 and 4) just got crocs from Grandma and had to sleep with them! Great gift idea!

Hi M.!

My daughter turned 3 last year. Dress up clothes were a HUGE hit with her. My mom bought her a whole box full of Disney Princess dresses and she was over the moon! One of the other things we had gotten for her at a previous birthday was an AquaDoodle. That was one of the best gifts we ever got! The pad is colored on by pens and there's stamp pads and design rollers - the best part...it's all water so if they color off the pad it doesn't do a thing to the surface they're using. Hope that helps.

If she loves Disney or Minnie Mouse, she will love most anything with that on it. If you have a Disney Store in your area that would be the best place to start. We have one fairly close to us. They have and can give a lot of ideas. You could go to Disney.com, too. Don't know how much time you have. Disney.com should even give you ideas and if there is a store near you.

My daughter just turned 3 - and she is in love with bubbles! What about a huge jug of bubbles and a bubble machine or a basket full of different wands, etc?

My daughter is 3 and she loves shoes, so she would be excited about getting any pair of shoes, but she also got a 3 wheeled radio flyer scooter for her birthday, it has 3 wheels to keep it sturdier for the younger kids and is pink, I believe they got it at Walmart and was about 30 dollars, she loves it and its great for outside summer activities!

My youngest daughter is three years old and she loves her crocs.....she has purple and one with princesses on them. Since you are unsure what the girl likes, I would talk to the girls mom to see what she likes then will know what type of things to buy. Another suggestion if you don't want to ask, is books, games, bubbles or a coloring book.........

I hope your daughter has a great time at the birthday party!

1 / 3