3 Month Old with Isolated Little White bumps....insect Bites or Pimples?

I have a 13 week old little girl. Over the last week or so, she has had 3 or 4 occurences of little white bumps with surrounding redness over different parts of her body. She has had one on her arm, one on her chest and two on her legs. They've all been at different times, in that she hasn't had two on her body at the same time. They are just these isolated, individual tiny white bumps with redness surrounding them. I can't really see any bite marks on the bumps, but I'm not sure if they are pimples either. There is no discharge and she doesn't seem to act like they itch or hurt, although I'm not sure a 13 week old could communicate to me that they itch very easily. Anyway, she doesn't seem bothered by them, but I am. They seem to last a couple of days, then disappear. Has anyone seen similar spots on their infant?

Thanks to everyone for your responses. After reading everyone's input, I'm thinking the bumps may be a reaction to an antibiotic that my daughter finished taking about a week ago. Our doctor said not to worry unless she gets a fever or the bumps look infected.

thanks again,
A.

relax A., they are what we moms call milk bumps.even though i dont know exactly why,they will go away in time just keep the face clean and if it gets extreme the doctor can give you a medicine that is for exzema that will eliminate them almost over night.good luck.

I have three children, daughters 22 and 17 and a son 3. These sound like harden hair folices. My oldest daughter use to get them and they soften and go away with lotion after a bath. Lots of children get strange things that come and go and my way of thinking is that if it doesn't come with fever, or pain then it's not that bad but try the lotion after bathing. C. from Norcross

It is ringworm? I'm not sure what the bumps look like. Doctors know best I suppose.

My daughter had them, they were an allergic reaction, but with her being so young, maybe you should take her to the pediatric and he or she maybe be able to give you some cream.

if she has had shots recently, that may have done it,that's what my daughter's was from, she was allergice to something in the shot.

Just last week I realized that my 19 month old daughter had the same bumps on her stomach, legs and arms. I thought maybe it was the new detergent that I bought. The bumps don't seem to bother her, sometimes I catch her scratching them, and they are begining to dry up and go away slowly. I think if it doesn't clear up soon I will check with the Doc, just to be safe.

I would take your baby to the doctor. My coworker had the same symptoms and it turned out to be a steph infection that needed to be treated with antibiotics. Especially with babies you want to make sure it's nothing serious.

I am by no means a dr., but I remember my kids had this too and the baby books said it was baby acne. Some rash that goes away. Comes along with all those crazy baby things- diaper poop colors, cradle cap and so many other things that tended to freak me out. Look up baby acne online and I bet there will be pictures.
It wouldn't hurt to call the nurse either.

Take her to the doctor.

has your daughter had a fever prior to the bumps? If so could be Roseola. They usually get it after thier first fever subsides, it shows up around 2-3 days later.
Here is a web site that might help if that's what it is.
Roseola is not serious.
www.kidshealth.org/parent/infections/skin/roseola.html

Hi! There's some big complicated name for those, but they're completely harmless. My little girl had the same thing, we called the doctor and he said almost every baby gets those. There's nothing you can do about them, so try not to worry!

Congratulations on your little one. I had concerns over my little boy, now two, with different bumps occurring and reoccurring. Babies have a tendancy to get different skin rashes, especially if they have sensitive skin. My boy had seborrhea and dermatitis. The doctor gave me a cream that mostly cleared it. I think it was called Ketacanzole. Also, you may want to try Dreft laundry detergent and a Hypoallergenic bath wash. I think Johnson and Johnson has a new one out. Although this will likely solve your problems, I'd still check with the pediatrician. It isn't worth the risk if it should be anything else.

Good Luck,

HELLO SWEETIE MY NAME IS RENEA I AM THE MOTHER OF 2 KIDS! THEY ARE 26 & 15 NOW BUT BOTH OF THEM HAD THE SAME LITTLE WHITE BUMPS WHEN THEY WERE BABY'S! THEY WOULD COME UP AND THEN JUST GO AWAY! SO I DON'T THINK YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO WORRY ABOUT! IF THEY GET REAL BAD OR ALOT START POPPING UP AT ONCE I WOULD ASK THE DOCTOR ABOUT THEM! I HOPE THAT HELP'S YOU!!! YOUR FRIEND, RENEA

I think this is from the calcium in the formula. My son had a touch of it and I've seen babies who get it bad. No need to worry. But they can get infected if scratched. You may want to check with your physician though. He can tell you how to control it.

My Emma used to get those alot and everyone told me not to worry. Now she is 22months old and we found out that she is allergic to many foods many of which we had been feeding her. Even the pediatrician missed it. My advice would be to take your little one to an allergists. It has made life so much easier. Before we did so Emma got everything coming and going.
Now, she might catch a cold but it only last a few days. The allergy tests are not that bad for the little ones and worth every dime. Good luck and I hope that I am wrong.

Hey A., I am glad to know that the bumps don't bother your little baby. The culprit may be the detergent you are using, or the detergent you use for your own clothes, sheets, etc. Also, jsut this Feb. I took my duaghter (3 yrs) to the pdeia. and he saw the little bumps on her face and said immediately "she has strep throat" he ran the test and surely it was, but who would have thought tiny fine bumps on her face were a symptom of something going on in your throat? Hope things get better for baby Mackenzie.
-A.-

My daughter had a similar problem and it ended up being an allergy to dairy that caused excema (sp?). We had to change her to soy formula.

I have always heard that newborn babies get little white bumps like that but it is just excess fluid from being in the womb coming to the surface of the skin. They don't pop or anything like pimples- they just come and then go. I don't think it's anything to worry about. I'm pretty sure my daughter had them too. She's 6 now though so I don't remember. I just remember my mom warning me about them and telling me not to worry.

It could be a couple of different things. My daughter got "milk bumps". It took a while for them to go away. She actually still has one on her nose. She also got baby acne. It was more of a red rash.

Just be sure not to squeeze or pick them. Tek her to the pedi if they don't clear up. You may want to be aware of what you are washing her clothes with and what lotions you put on her. She could have sensitive skin. GOOD LUCK and congrats!

My 8 week old son has them and I remember now that my 2 year old had them a little when he was younger. Roseola is different. My son also had that when he turned 1.
I think it is harmless. Just mention it on your next visit as long as there is no fever or any reason to call them ahead of time.