3 Car Seats in a CRV?

Is it possible to have 3 car seats in a Honda CRV? Are there any seats that don't take much width so you can fit 3? I'd love to know if anyone has done it. Otherwise, we'll need to get a bigger car, but I'm trying to avoid that.

We have a CRV and have used three carseats across the back. You can definitely fit three carseats if one is a booster. If one of them is not a booster, I would ask the dealer or whoever you're buying the CRV from if you can bring the carseats in and try it out.

Yes, you can. On vacation we borrowed my in-laws CRV. We fit a Graco infant seat behind the passenger, a Graco carseat behind the driver and a booster seat in the middle. It was a tight fit and we had to pull the booster out to get the seatbelt snapped and then push it in, but we did it!

I just did a lot of research on car seats, as my son was outgrowing his current one. According to all of the research, you should be able to fit 3 Sunshine Radian 80's in a single row. Supposedly, these are the seats that Jon & Kate plus 8 have. We considered getting this seat, however, I was not able to find any stores where you can actually go and look at them. But they are sold on many websites, including babies r us. Good luck!

My mom has a CRV and when she had my kids, it was very difficult to fit all 3 carseats in the back.

It is possible, but it's an extremely tight fit. We have the convertible seat behind the driver and a booster on the passenger side. We have put another booster in the center seat once or twice, but it pretty much needs to be buckled underneath the seat and it's very easy to pinch your fingers.

I have heard the narrowest seats are the Radian 65 or Radian 80. I don't know if you would want the baby to use one of those, but it does work rearfacing and says it goes from 5-65 lbs. Just be aware that they probably won't work all the way to 65 lbs because your child will outgrow it by height most likely before then.
http://www.elitecarseats.com/Sunshine-Kids-Radian.pro

No advice but just what I have ben looking at as well. I have been watching posts about this issue as well. My daughter is pretty much ready for the next seat and I would prefer to buy one more to get it done with. I keep hearing about the Sunshine Radian seats but when I read up on them you have to be careful because they can be difficult to place and may not fit all cars. I only need one seat but my other kids do have to sit there as well and these new seats take up a LOT of space.

as many mentioned the Radian 65 or 80 are both good options. Also there is the Cosco Scenera that is a small narrow base on it. Those are the narrowest seats you will find.

I also have to urge everyone to keep kids in 5 pt harnesses till they are minimum 40 lbs and four years old. The longer they are in their 5 pts the safer they are.

We purchased a Saturn Outlook to get three seats in a row. We have twins who are in car seats on each side then our daughter is in one of those small boosters in the middle. We purchased several different car seats looking for ones small enough. Wasn't easy...good luck!!!

1 / 3