3 1/2 Old with Red Cheeks

Hello, my 3 1/2 month old suddenly has RED cheeks! Both her father and I have rosy cheeks...especially when we are tired and worked up...but hers generally haven't been. They just sort of popped up. We haven't done anything differently and she seems to feel fine with no fever...has anyone experienced this?

Hi A.! I have a 17 week old and just started noticing this week a couple of times that his cheeks were rosy but didn't have a fever. The night before last, we saw that he has a tooth coming in! I think that might be the culprit. He had rosy cheeks for a few days before the tooth started coming in.

Hi A.
My son had rosy cheeks. I attributed to him getting ready to cut teeth, because he seemed to keep them till he was a year old or so. Some times they would looked almost chapped at times. God Bless.

she could be teething. I've heard from friends of mine that their kids were rosy when they cut teeth.

If you were out in the cold or wind that could cause it. Or it could be caused by the furnace coming on and the air being dryer in your home, or at the sitter of daycare. Fifth's Disease is a virus like chicken pox, only by the time you show the symptoms, you're no longer contagious. Check with the sitter or day care and see if anyone else has been sick. I was always very careful what kind of lotions I put on my baby's face, so you may want to call your dr. to see what they recommend.

Has she been in the cold? My daughters and I are both fair skinned and blue eyed and all 3 of us but especially the youngest get bright red cheeks in the cold and they are often chapped. Usually with us our skin will feel a little rough where it is red. If you think this is what it is try putting chapstick on her rosy cheeks and see if that doesn't help. It is a wonderful cure for us.

YES... BEEN THERE DONE THAT. LOL.
She should be fine. My 7 year old had the same thing when she was younger... actually found out that she had red rosie cheeks due to wind... even though she wasn't out on what i would think to be a windy day... she now has really sensative skin and that was why even the littlest of air had her cheekies red. My now 12 month old... just turned 1 on oct. 25th this year is starting to have the red cheek thing too.
Don't think you have anything to worry about.
Hope this helps. also i agree with Jill. anytime that any of kid are sick.. and Iam a mother of five.... there cheeks and ears are bright red. lol. good luck.
N. moore

My daughters get red cheeks when they have gotten chapped from the cold. Applying lotion on them regularly will heal them faster.

Dear A.,
Your daughter might have fifth(not sure of spelling)disease.
It sounds bad but it is not. If she has a lacy rash on her body that travels up and down and it looks like you slapped her, then that is probably what it is. I gave my daughter chlorophyl in the liquid form and it went away. A chiropractor told me to do this. I would go to one who also deals with nutrician. L. J

1 / 3