2Cm Dilated... How Much Longer

OK moms, My doc says I am 2 cm dil and 60% effaced. However, I am only 36 weeks. How much longer? What have been your experiences?

I was 2-3 cm dilated and 80% from 35 weeks on with my 2nd daughter. I ended up going past my due date and having to be induced. Dilation and effacement really don't mean very much and certainly can't predict when labor will start. Could be today... could be 5 weeks from now.

Good luck and congrats!

Hi S.!
At 37 weeks I went to my doctor and was 50% effaced and 1 cm dilated. He told me he'll see me in a few days or few weeks. Well he saw me the next day! I think it's so different for everyone. I had a co-worker who walked around here 3 cm dilated for over a month! Good luck!

I was dialated to a 1 for two days and dialated to a 3 for a week and dialated to a 4 for a week until my doctor induced me after I begged and pleaded with her. Since they try not to take you until you are actively dialating or your water breaks or you are a week past your due date. I had my membranes striped at three centimeters and did not speed along anything. Just depends on your body and how ready it is. I had really bad back labor and it was super painful so I was nausiated the whole time and could barely eat. I was rocking back and forth through the whole night to just make it to the next day. If you can tolorate pain well then it will defantely make it easier. If this is your first baby then it usually takes the longest due to your body never doing this before. They say latent labor is from 1 to 4 and things start moving super fast after 4. Just pack your bags and prepaire to go the hospital for the final day. I went 7 or 8 times during the time I was dialating from 1 to 4. Count your contractions and once they get to be consistant and 5 minutes apart start heading to the hospital. You still have a little bit ahead of you so hang in there. Good Luck on your new arrival....

I had my daughter last week and I was 42 weeks at only 1cm and 90% effaced. I ended up being induced and it still took 32 hours of labor for her to come. Every woman's body is different, so it's really hard to say.

Good Morning S... Welcome to Mama's in Waiting Mod.
Sweetie it could be a few or several more days or right up until your Due date. Our DIL was 3cm dil 70% for a month and a half before Corbin came along, then she was induced. SLEPT through her labor....lol 2 Pushes 10 count and he was here.

You really never know S. for sure. Baby gets here when it decides they've had enough time in the oven. :)

Best of everything to you S., praying for a quick delivery, with a Beautiful, Healthy Bundle of sweet kissable cheeks & toes and velvety fingers to hold for a lifetime.
God Bless you
K. Nana of 5

Good luck and congrats!

Hi S. Every pregnancy and person is diferent with my first I was 2cm at 80% from the time I was 37 weeks until I had my son at 39w 5d
with my second son he came early I wasn't dilated at all and he came early at 34w because my water broke
I am currently 36w and have been dilated 2cm at 80% since I was 32 weeks and I have been in and out the hospital because they have been trying to stop my labor each time but I still haven't dilated anymore I could be like this all the way to 40w but with the way I feel she will be here within the next week or so I have been having a lot of contractions and pressure and soft stool and sickness so you can be that way anywhere from hrs to weeks or months just be patient and know that your baby is easier to take care of in than out and she/he will come when they are ready! but if you want to speed up the process you can do squats and walk walk walk and than walk some more or nipple stimulation works too or simply have a lot of sex do all of them and see what happens but be safe

Chill out and go on about your business. It could be (and at 36 weeks SHOULD be) several more weeks out.

It is a good sign that your body is preparing for the delivery, but it's impossible to pin point a time. I was 37 weeks when my doctor told me I was 3 cm dilated and 80% effaced with my first child. When asked what that meant, my Doc said I can go into labor tonight, tomorrow, or 3 weeks from now. 5 days later, I went into labor.

At 37 weeks with my first son, I was 3 cm dilated, 80% effaced and -1 station. My doctor told me if he were a betting man, he'd put money on me having the baby that week. Well, I went two days over my due date!!! I waited more than three weeks longer. There's no telling how much longer you'll be waiting for your little one! Good luck with everything!!!

1 / 3