29Weeks Pregnant Sore Throat Help!!

Hi ladies,

Im 29 weeks preggo this is my 3rd! I have never been sick though! I had a little drain down the back of my nose last night. I woke this morning and my throat is killing me! I have used the ol warm water and salt. No relief. What can I take that is safe? Is thoart sprays safe? Pls help!!

Thanks

Hi P., try gargling with some tea tree oil diluted in water. I use Just products and they are fabulous!!! When I have gotten a sore throat I've tried it and it works wonderfully (plus it has a lot of other uses as well) Hope you feel better soon!

Throat sprays are fine. Also good, old fashioned cough drops. For other relief, try chicken soup and herbal teas (that don't include black or green teas and camomile which are not good while pregnant). Feel better.

I drank hot lemonade. I also crushed an old fashioned aspirin and mixed in the lemonade when it got really bad. It relieved the pain tremendously.

Hi P.,

I have an 8 month baby girl and when I was pregnant from her I got sick from my throat alot, the only thing that helped me alot was natural honey and lemon juice, mix and drink slowly, it gives your throat lots of relief..Good Luck

Check with your doc first, but most Tylenol products are OK. Including Tylenol Cold.

I had the same problem when I was preggers. My doc said it was ok to take a robitussin or something simular. Call your doctor and find out. I personally wouldnt use anything with alcohol in it or sugar free anything. I dont think I used anything for very long. Peppermints seem to be cooling and soothing. But arent good for when you are trying to breast feed...I've been told. Also Ricoolia ( however its spelled) is a all natural cough suppressent or perhaps it was an herbal one. Try the local natural store and see if they have anything good. Also a cold milkshake or icy really was nice and seemed to numb the pain! Its super scary taking any meds while your preganant. Congrats on the baby. If it gets worse go see the doctor. You dont want to get fever or anything while perggers either! God bless your little one. I noticed some mommas put asprin be very careful I was told asprin was a no no so tylnol was ok because it contained no asprin.

I don't use anything pharma/chemical at all. I use herbs from the locally owned health food store (never GNC, they are useless) or Whole Foods. These people are great to ask advice from and have Whole Foods has lots of literature. My favorite books are by BALCH and BALCH. One is an MD and the other I think a certified nutritionist. The books are big (the size of copy paper). 'Rx for Nutritional Healing' and Rx for Dietary Wellness'. They are written for laymen and not professionals. You can either look up the herb or supplement and read all about it or you can look up you problem and see what supplements will help. I think thats cool. Its easy to understand and more user friendly than it looks. The size in intimidating. Anyway, I use: Echinacea(mucous cell support) the same way someone might use a decongestant, Golden Seal(immune system support), Astralagus(deep immune support-only when sick), and Valerian Root(tension reliever/muscle relaxer/sleep aid). These also come in liquid drops that my kids use. My children do not take OTC or prescription drugs. They have never had an ear infection (the oldest one gets swimmer's ear but that goes away in one day with alcohol). They have never taken an antibiotic. They are 8 and 11. We manage everything with supplements(including vitamins and minerals)and honey.
God Bless

Hi P.,
I had my miracle son in March of this year. I already had allergies before I got pregnant, but they got worse and I was gagging on phlem (tmi, I know) every morning, sometimes in the afternoon too. My OBGYN told me that Sudafed and Benadryl were safe to take. I only took them when I was desperate and I also got a humidifier. I got the cold mist humidifier and that has been moved to the babies room. I have a warm mist humidifier that helps me. You might try the humidifier before taking any medication. Also, you can rub some of that mentholatum ointment on your chest and that may help. Good luck and congrats!

Gargle with a teaspoon of salt and a teaspoon of baking soda in a cup of warm water. This was a doctor recommendation when I had a sore throat that was caused by drainage. I'd also recommend a netti pot which helps you run warm salt water through your nasal cavaties and stops the drainage altogether.

I had a sore throat during my last pregnancy. I had a great family doctor who said DO NOT use throat sprays, they have ingredients not recommended during pregnancy. You might just ask a doctor you trust to be sure.

1 / 3