27 Year Old with High Blood Pressure ????

I am 27 and this past September I was diagnosed with high blood pressure, and put on b/p meds. I am not really overweight ,my cholestoral levels were fine. I did stop smoking and drinking caffeine. I am not on birth control, and i have an 8 and 7 year old, so i think i get plenty of exercise.
It just really worries me... is this normal?? I am scared, could there be an underlying problem?

You may consider bringing that to the attention of your doctor who prescribed the blood pressure medication. There is a definite correlation between the tingling hands and your pressure. I am on blood pressure medication and from time to time I have tingling fingers.

Does your parents have high blood pressure? If so how long have they had it? I was also diagnosed a few years ago at 30 with high blood pressure my blood pressure was at stroke level. I love my doctor though he said there is no reason why someone as young as me should have that high of blood pressure so he ordered a series of test and Thank God he did because that is how we discovered both of my kidneys were on the right side of my body and one artery supplied blood flow to both kidneys and it was clogged. I have a stint put in and three months later it was clogged again. May will be two years ago I had bypass surgery on my kidneys and things have been great since then. I am still on blood pressure med. but my doctor is hopeful that in time I will be able to come off of most if not all the med. You just need to make sure that there is nothing else going on.

the information from Kim pertaining to the Limu isnt worth the paper its printed on. After I read her post, I was curious about the product and started googling it. the only websites I found regarding it, were from those who are promoting and selling it. The company's webpage touts that all 4 of the major networks contacted them to share thier story. I cannot find ANYTHING on ANY of those four networks regarding this stuff. The only page I found that was NOT from someone selling it, was on the FDA website where they shut one of the companies down because their claims are bogus...http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/NEWS/2003/NEW00976.html
Here is some info from medicine.net regarding the DASH diet, a way of eating that includes reduced salt intake, that has proven to lower blood pressure. Changing your diet could help you lower your blood pressure so the doctor can take you off the meds (never go off them without the doctor's OK). http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey...

Have you heard of The Original Limu? It is a raw superfood and it tastes great and it helps rebuild your immune system and helps to right the wrongs in your body. It will help with the high blood pressure. It helps to regulates your blood and blood sugars, also helps with cancer, diabetes, allergies,cholesterol, stress and more. visit our sight at www.discoverlimu.com/limuupforlife and listen to the information and you can contact me from the sight it has our phone number and email. look forward to talking with you.
Kim P.

Hi, A.,

Your concern about an underlying problem causing your high bp is very valid. Do you know your family history of blood pressure and heart disease? You said your cholesterol is fine, but what about your triglycerides? These are just some of the factors that may be causing your bp to go up. And, of course, race is also a big factor.

I buy supplements from a company that also makes fantastic heart supplements. A lot of people who have started taking them have found that they could actually decrease or eliminate their prescriptions (after discussing it with their dr). The supplements are much safer than statins, and are pharmaceutical grade, as well.

If you would like to know more, you can email me at ____@____.com you can visit this website: www.LiveTotalWellness.com/hfhm.

I'm proud of you for wanting to take control of your health, and doubly proud of you for quitting smoking! :)

I had high blood pressure at age 22, but was able to get it down tremendously through regular aerobic exercise. You don't mention that. So, if you're not exercising regularly you should. And, yes, it can be genetic(my mother takes medication for high BP and has for years), but we have tremendous control over whether or not we develop health issues associated with our genes through our daily lifestyle choices. My BP at 22 was never lower than 140/90. At 47, it's not unusual for mine to be 80/60. High blood pressure can also be a sign of inflammation. Have you had your C-reactive protein measured? Inflammation can be controlled by taking supplements like Fish oil, which is helpful for alot of things, especially impacts to the brain as we age. You're still young, but having high BP at this age means you need to start being conscientious about your health long term, which by your question, you're already headed the right direction.

I would recommend Original Limu. It has helped so many people by working with the immune system and having your body take care of itself with proper nutrition. I know that it works for so many people and the main ingredient(fucoidan)has had over 700 researches done and can be seen at www.pubmed.org(national library of medicine).
If someone says it doesn't work, they should have at least tried it for 90 days or more before they trash it.
Check the website at www.discoverlimu.com/jcarden and I would be glad to share some testimonials with you.
I would also be glad to send you a health magazine(called Breakthroughs in Health)that talks about the great health benefits of Limu Moui. Hope you'll look into this great product. The reason that people who share the product with others are distributors is because of the great health benefits they get from the super food in a bottle. When they share it with others, they get paid from the company. Two great benefits from one great product.

I wouldn't worry about it not being "normal". I was diagnosed when I was 29, 1 year after having my son. I have never had blood pressure problems until then. Working out may help you, I have also heard its genetic. Not sure if thats true or not. Not to say its nothing to worry about but don't stress you'll just make your blood pressure worse. Your doing everything you should to help yourself, so stay positive.

1 / 3