25 Wks. Pregnant with Severe Hip Pain

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to relieve severe hip pain. I am 25 weeks pregnant and am having trouble sleeping and by the end of the day, I am totally miserable. It feels as if there is a constant cramp inside my hip. I have tried icing, puting two pillows between my legs while sleeping, doing various stretches. Any advice would be great.

I too had problems as well and they only worsened the father I got along. Some one finally told me to go see the chiropractor. I wished I would have known about it ..WOW what a difference. It gave me soooo much relief. I went to Pierce Chiroprator. Dr. Stan..2201 62nd Ave N...ph ####-###-####. I hope you find some relief..I know how uncomfortable it is.

Make an appointment with a Chiropractor. That should work wonders! :)

I had a similar pain that started about the same time in my pregnancy. My doctor said one of the ligaments near my hip tore under the pressure of my growing belly. Every step I took gave me a shooting pain, and I aggravated it in my sleep. Unfortunately, the only thing I could do was rest and walk as little as possible. My doctor said it would go away as soon as I gave birth. I didn't believe her, but it did. She told me it never really heals though, so if I get pregnant again, the pain will come back and earlier in the pregnancy too.

Hang in there! I know it sucks but it will end!

I too had horrible hip pain. Nothing I did eased it as I got further along, I only slept a 1 - 2 hours at a time. Finally my OB perscribed something for me to sleep. Ask your OB if he is willing to write for something. He/she may not but it's worth a try. I at least I got about 4 - 5 hours of sleep. Onthe nights my husband wasn't home and I couldn't take the sleeping pill. I took Tylenol about an hour befor bed and then stood in a hot shower. That seemed to help sometimes as well.Good Luck I know how miserable you are.

HI-
I also had hip pain, which was sciatica. I found that yoga helped tremendously. There are several specific postures for the sciatica-related pain, which I don't recall right off the top of my head, but if you don't have a studio or gym to go to offering prenatal yoga, then you may want to look into getting a DVD or I also have a Prenatal Yoga deck of cards that explain what each posture is for & how to correctly do it.
My pain subsided after some time...hope you get relief soon! Good luck!

One visit to chiropractor helped me to forget about my pain. He said it was sciatic nerve. He didn't do much but the pain had gone!! I kept on visiting him during my pregnancy. The result is no hip pain, no back pain, nothing!
It can be something else in your case but I am sure they can help anyway. You do not have to live with this pain just because you are pregnant (my OB said that it is normal and it will be gone after the baby is born. It was gone much earlier - thanks to my chiropractor! )
I went to Axis Chiropractice on Armenia Ave

Oh, I feel your pain...I had the same problem (and also pain at the end of my tailbone it seemed and I still - with a six month old now - have that problem??) but I never really found anything either besides ice or heating pads or pillows to try to comfort the pain. I wonder if you could ask the doctor if there's any kind of exercise you can do to help stretch/relieve the discomfort?? I wish I had more advice, but I mainly just have support to tell you I've been there and am sorry, but just remember, this too shall pass and you're closer & closer to the end every day. Mine got better toward the end because right now your hips are probably really adjusting, but I remember that I had some relief at the end and it was just more my back... Hang in there!!

1 / 3