24M Versus 2T?

What is the difference between 24m and 2T clothing sizes?

2T tends to be a better fit with underwear (slimmer), and 24 months is made for children still in diapers.

2t is slimmer and longer and 24m is made shorter and slightly wider to acconmadate a diaper.

2T's are a bit longer. Longer pants and longer sleeves.

24m have snaps in the crotch and legs and 2T doesn't.

Some brands run larger, others smaller and it makes no difference what labeling method they use (24m vs 2T).
It's no different for adult clothes.
Standardized sizing conventions are anything but standard.

My son wore 24 months between 18 and about 26 months. He wore 2T between 24 months and almost 3 yo. It depends on your child. My oldest was long torso'd and short legg'd, so he could wear 24 M top and 18M bottom. Now he wears a 4T top and 3T bottom...

Haha! Good question. I think 2t is a little bigger.

2T are a smidgen longer.

1 / 3