24 Months Vs. 2T

Ladies, Is there a difference between 24 months and 2T? For my daughter's birthday, I kept getting asked what is her size and people were confused as to getting her either 2T or 24 months. I really could'nt explain why. Is it based on the manufacturer? Cost/pricing structure? Design (snaps)? Thanks!

I think when they include the "t," it means that there is room in the cut for the diaper. I didn't learn this until my second child was in that size, though! :)

I can't figure it out either. We have mixed 24 months and 2T clothing, and it totally depends on the brand as to which is bigger/longer/wider. I have compared shirts in stores and usually just end up getting whichever is bigger. I think most pants are longer in 2T, but like I said, not all! Very confusing! I hope you get receipts with the new clothes just in case!

2T is generally a little big bigger in the waist and the length. there are no snaps for diaper changing as your moving into toddler sizes and not baby sizes.

Hi
My son is 2, tall and slim and I try to stick with 24 mos. With 2 T he needs a belt, the only good thing is he'll be able to wear them a few months longer as he grows into them.
Bernie

I noticed that the shirts were wider and short for 24mths VS longer and narrow for 2T.

24 months is what they supposedly wear from 18-24 months and 2T is what they wear while they are 2. My kids are short so it didn't work that way for us.

Typically, they mean the same thing. Within brands, usually 2T are longer.

You really have to go by the brand. I was at Babies-R-Us yesterday, and their 24 month is almost the same as a Gap 2T. So, if I was you, I'd tell them the length/weight for your daughter.

Within same brans T is larger than 24 months. Everything else is dependent on make and company.

Best bet will be to go by 2T, you will not go wrong.

Congragulations on your daughters 2nd B'day..way to go!

V.

1 / 3