24 Mo vs 2T

Okay this might be a stupid question but is 24 months the same size as 2T??

Pretty much, I did find 2T a little bit larger, but it also depends on who makes the clothes too! :)

24 months makes room for the diapers. The 2T's are the next step. I found that it was easier to get 24 months when they were still in diapers. They have snaps and stuff. Good luck.

ha ha! i wondered the same thing when my first one was that little. most of the time it is the same, but as all clothes, different brands make their clothes a little differently than the others. carters seems to be smaller than some other brands i buy. so my suggestion is always to buy bigger than smaller.

Yea it's the same. I have hears that the 2T maybe a bit bigger.

not a stupid question. :) yes they're the same

Actually 2t is 2 years and then 3t is 3 years and so on SO U ARE RIGHT

T.-
After your child gets out of the months sizes then the 1T,2T etc sizes start. Not every company has the same sizing though so be careful when you buy clothes.

24 months is not the same as 2t. It will be smaller through the waist and may be a little shorter depending on the brand.

I have to say, that I am at the same place with my daughter and very frustrated! She can easily wear 24 mo/2T tops! She still needs to wear 18 mo pants as she is slim, but some 24 mo pants fit as well. 2T pants are WAY too big (waist is too large, and length is a little too long)! I think you need to look at the item itself to see how it is made - hold up the 24 mo up to the 2T and see what differences there are for that particular clothing item. Depending upon your son's build, you may see which you prefer.

I love the pants with the adjustable waist - they work great for my slim daughter! I think those clothing items will be worn for far longer than those without.

Carter's clothes 24 mo size are fairly long and the pants and shirt sets both fit my daughter. I am sure the boys cut will be the same.

It's tough, because you need to "buy off the rack" - can you imagine us trying to get our 2 year olds to try clothes on?! Yeah, right! :) I hold up clothes I want to buy next to her or up against the clothes she has on to be sure they will fit. Keep all tags on clothes and keep receipts in an envelope in case you get something that doesn't fit or if you find you have an item that your son never wears, you can still return it or exchange it later on. It's a strategy I find that has actually "paid off" in the long run.

Happy shopping!

1 / 3