24 Mo vs 2T

Okay this might be a stupid question but is 24 months the same size as 2T??

Pretty much, I did find 2T a little bit larger, but it also depends on who makes the clothes too! :)

24 months makes room for the diapers. The 2T's are the next step. I found that it was easier to get 24 months when they were still in diapers. They have snaps and stuff. Good luck.

ha ha! i wondered the same thing when my first one was that little. most of the time it is the same, but as all clothes, different brands make their clothes a little differently than the others. carters seems to be smaller than some other brands i buy. so my suggestion is always to buy bigger than smaller.

Yea it's the same. I have hears that the 2T maybe a bit bigger.

not a stupid question. :) yes they're the same

Actually 2t is 2 years and then 3t is 3 years and so on SO U ARE RIGHT

T.-
After your child gets out of the months sizes then the 1T,2T etc sizes start. Not every company has the same sizing though so be careful when you buy clothes.

24 months is not the same as 2t. It will be smaller through the waist and may be a little shorter depending on the brand.

I have to say, that I am at the same place with my daughter and very frustrated! She can easily wear 24 mo/2T tops! She still needs to wear 18 mo pants as she is slim, but some 24 mo pants fit as well. 2T pants are WAY too big (waist is too large, and length is a little too long)! I think you need to look at the item itself to see how it is made - hold up the 24 mo up to the 2T and see what differences there are for that particular clothing item. Depending upon your son's build, you may see which you prefer.

I love the pants with the adjustable waist - they work great for my slim daughter! I think those clothing items will be worn for far longer than those without.

Carter's clothes 24 mo size are fairly long and the pants and shirt sets both fit my daughter. I am sure the boys cut will be the same.

It's tough, because you need to "buy off the rack" - can you imagine us trying to get our 2 year olds to try clothes on?! Yeah, right! :) I hold up clothes I want to buy next to her or up against the clothes she has on to be sure they will fit. Keep all tags on clothes and keep receipts in an envelope in case you get something that doesn't fit or if you find you have an item that your son never wears, you can still return it or exchange it later on. It's a strategy I find that has actually "paid off" in the long run.

Happy shopping!

no, they are not the same. 24 months means 18-24 months, and 2T means 2-3 years old.

Yes, the only difference you will notice is 2T will usually run longer in the legs and sleeves.

N.

In my experience, 24 month clothing is made more to fit over diapers that 2T. But really it's not a whole lot different. I just went with whichever cost less (usually the 24 month) and it fit just fine.

I have noticed a difference in tops. 24 months are button-under shirts while 2T are not. I prefer button-unders until they are ready or are potty trained.

Isn't that silly? From my understanding 24 mo. will still have the snaps in the crotch for easy diaper changing and 2T is slightly bigger. The same thing applies when they move into big kid sizes. A 4T or 5T will be a little smaller than a big kid 4 or 5. Silly and confusing.

I had the same question when my first reached that size. Since this is a transition time for toddlers 24 mos has room for diapers. 2T not so much. You'll also find that there is a slight difference in 4T and 4. Since most toddlers have some baby fat still the 4T allows for that. 4 is a little slimmer and in some cases a little longer. Brands vary greatly thoughout the toddler sizes. Hope that helps.

I was told that 24 months has 'diaper' room. If you look at the pants some 24 months have the buttons around the legs and the 2T doesn't.

I have a 2 year old girl and she is too slim for the 2T but too long for the 18months. I wish i could sew.

I have found that 24 month stuff is wider than 2T......Because my kids are on the thin side, 2T's have always fit better than 24 months.

Usually 24 months is shorter in pants and tops. My 4 year old can wear 24 month shorts but not pants because she is a peanut around the waist and a little taller. I have to buy her 2T pants with the adjustable waist. I think that is the only difference. Funny how they only have 2 different sizes at this age.

not a stupid question... anyone who shops for a baby for the first time has asked the same question when one sees those size labels! :)

i've notice the 2T pants seem longer & the 2T shirts seem a little bigger than the 24 mo clothes.

i think the 24 mo. are really for the 15 -18 mo. babies to grow into. while the 2T clothes are more for the typically sized two year old to wear throughout most of his or her second year. (my son is small for his age, though)

depends really on the size of your child, but i do think most of the 24 mo & 2T clothes are a little bit different in size.

Not at all stupid. The stupid thing is it depends on the store and the brand of clothing that you are buying. 24months size shirts and some pants still have the snaps. Which are very bothersome when you are potty training. 2T tends to be a little longer and there are no snaps. I have completely given up on the size thing for any of my kids (13, 11, 5). We try everything on and don't take the tags off (presents) until we are sure it fits. Years of practice is all it takes and even then sometimes you think it will fit and it doesn't. It is even more confusing when they are in between boys and men and toddler and girls sizes. Good luck and enjoy your little boy.
Take care, M.

A lot of times 2T is a little bigger.

Hello T. 24 months and 2T are different. Once you past the 24 months 2 Toddler is the next size up. Have a great day. :o)

I was just in Target, and their new fall jeans in the store brand all have adjustable waists. (I can't remember what they call their store brand.) They totally rock if you have a skinny waisted kiddo!

Cheers,

24 month usually means 18-24 months and 2T is usually 2-3 yrs old.

No. Size 24 months makes allowance for the girth of the diaper. Size 2T is made to fit a child wearing underwear instead of a diaper.

confirming what the last poster wrote, the 24 mos are designed to fit diapers, the 2ts do not have as much "bum" room. 2ts are also a smidge longer. i recognized this when shopping for my identical twin boys (who aren't identical in size). the smaller one was wearing 24 mos. once diaperless (yippeee), i could tell they were odd looking in the bum area and they made his legs look shorter since the crotch was longer. at any rate....was glad i figured out the difference. =) should've thought to post the question here. your question isn't dumb...figuring this stuff out takes the wisdom of the experienced. thank gosh for girlfriends!

24 months is actually 18-24 months
2T is 24-36 months

Quite often they are almost similar in size, usually a 2T is a just a tad bigger.

I worked at Gymboree for a long time and got this question a lot. It really depends on the brand, but for the most part they are the same thing. 24 months tends to make more allowance for diapers in some brands. At Gymboree, the 18-24 size is their version of 2T.

Yes. Sometimes 2T is a bit bigger but all in all yes. Not all sizes are what they say they are anyhow.

I'm certainly no authority, but I believe there is a slight difference. You can hardly tell it though. 2T tends to be a little longer and not as bulky meaning for slightly thinner children. I believe it is only because this is about the time potty training begins and we tend to use less bulky diapers or panties during the training stages. I have never been able to judge clothing by the sizes they state anyway because just like for adults the brands, materials, etc.. all seem to make a difference as to how something really fits anyway.

Your fellow dog lover...I'm owned by 4 beagles.

I've heard that 24 mo is for when they are in diapers, and 2T is for when they're potty trained--the difference is the 2T is a little skinnier in the rear.