20 Month Old Nap Time Question

Just wondering what time your 20 month old goes down for a nap and what time they get up in the morning, Thanks. :)

Thanks so much! Just wanted to see what the other little ones were doing. :)

My 21 month old is usually up between 6:30am and 7. Nap is never more than 90 minutes - more like 75. Usually around 1, but it's starting to get later. Sleeping by 8pm generally.

--A.

My daughter is 22 months. She is my second so she is less scheduled than my first was. She usually gets up around 8 am but may get an hour earlier or later some days (depending if she is tired or if her brother wakes her up early). She takes a nap around 1:30 or 2 but that is because my older one gets picked up from preschool at about 1. Some days she seems tired as early as 11 or 11:30 am (which is when I put my son down for a nap until about age 2). Other days she can make it until 3 if we are out doing things. I think if it were just her I would put her down around 12:30 or 1 most days. With my older one I made his nap a little later as he got older until it was about 1:30 pm. He stopped napping at 3.

My 18 month old naps from about 11:30 to 1pm. She goes to bed at 7pm and wakes around 6 or 6:30 am.

My 20-month old son goes to bed for the evening at 7:30pm, wakes up at 7am, and takes a nap at 1pm until approx 3:30pm. When he is going througha growth spurt, he seems to sleep longer and has a bigger appetite.

My dd is almost 22 months. She takes one nap a day for several hours, but if she wakes up a little late, then she refuses to go down for a nap. She goes down for her nap between 1-2 pm normally. Lately, I have gotten wise to her plan and wake her up no later than 9 am. She is in bed and falls asleep between 8-9 pm. I am one of the lucky ones as she sleeps all night or if she does wake, she is able to comfort herself and go back to sleep. I keep a dim light on in her room so it isn't pitch black. I also don't keep toys in her crib. She is an imaginative child and used to play on her own for several hours in the morning and let me sleep in. Lately, she has started napping after being up and not wanting to take her afternoon nap. The change might have come from her transition from bottle to sippy cup. A lot of her routines were affected. This is probably tmi...sorry. <3

--A.

I have a 20 month old son. He usually goes to bed anywhere between 930pm-1130pm and wakes up between 8-9am. He usually naps for 2 hours or less starting at noon or maybe a little later. Hope that helps!

Awake between 7-7:30, down for a nap by 1pm awake by 3:30 down at 7pm.

My 20 month old has always been a super sleeper. He's up at 6:30 when I go to work and goes to bed about 8:00. He's still transitioning from two naps to one so some days he takes two short naps and other days he takes one long nap. His naps are not on a schedule - it's whenever he shows signs of being tired, hence sometimes taking one nap and sometimes taking two.

My daughter is 21 months and goes to bed at 7PM and wakes up between 6:30 and 7AM. Her nap time is at 12 PM and she sleeps for 2-3 hours. I read the book Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child and it is so right on!

My 21 month old gets up at 7:30, and that's a bug improvement for her. It used to be 5:30. She naps at 1pm for two hours and goes to sleep between 9-10pm.

When my littleones were that age I tried to keep them on the same schedule as my child care center so that they were not off schedule. It was hard on my teachers whenteh kids would come in on Monday and not want to nap, or be really cranky because they were very tired.

Kids at child care usually got there by 8am, had snacks around 9, then had lunch 11-11:30ish. Then had clean up time, story time, and then eventually laid down by noon. They slept until they woke up, some didn't need as long of a nap as others, but all were up by 3.

At home K went down almost every day at noon and woke up at 10 til 4 all by herself. I was watching Angel on TNT and she always woke up and wandered in about the last 10 minutes. J, on the other hand, would go down around 1 and then woke up by 3, he rarely takes a nap now at 3 and I am a firm believer kids need that afternoon nap until they are 5 years old to have healthy minds and bodies.