2 Yr Old Waking up Wet Almost Every Morning

Hi..my 2 yr old is waking up wet, and I mean wet. I've been using the Huggies night time diapers but it doesn't seem to be helping. I even will change her while she's sleeping before I go to bed and she still wakes up wet. Any suggests of what I can try?

Thank you to everyone for the advice. I finally found the diaper doublers and haven't had a wet morning since. THANKS!!!!

Hi M. I wish I could help you but my 4 year old daughter still wakes up wet too. And now I make her change her bed and help me put it back together. But I am so tired of washing bed sheets everyday.

Hi M.!

I have a 3 month old with the same problem! He wakes up wet, and I started using Diaper Doublers - sold at BabysRUs for 3 bucks for 30 of them. They look like maxi pads for women, and they just get put into the diaper for extra absorbency.

My 2 yr old had the same problem, even after we went up a size in Pampers at night. Someone told me about Diaper Doubles and I tried them. They worked like a CHARM! (My son was very thirsty before bedtime and I just couldn't not give him fluids before bed.)

stop giving her liquids about two to three hours before you put her to bed,change her diaper right before lieing her doen and try putting plastic pants on top of diaper,it will make it less of a mess to clean up when she does soak through. good luck.

You may want to double up the diapers at night. I have had the same problem..... 99% of the time the night time Huggies work.
Since your child is 2.. maybe pullups will fit???

Try to not give her anything to drink 2 hours before bed and see if that helps.

Try limiting the amount of fluids she has at night. Maybe around 90 min - 2 hours before bedtime, no more fluids. I have tried this with my son, and although he still wakes up wet, it isn't enough that it leaks out of his diaper.

Hi! I still have the problem sometimes with my 4 year old son. I like Nighttime Pullups. They are the only ones with enough absorbancy. They are sometimes hard to find though-not everyone carries them. I also have used my own maxi-pads in the diaper. I think this is a cheaper solution than buying diaper doublers and it works really well. Good luck!

I know how you feel. It happened to me with my 2 1/2 year old. Almost every night!! I finally figured out that he was putting his hand inside the diaper, so I got some big onesies and could not do it anymore. It helped tons. i also stopped giving him a full sippy cup of milk at bed time.

V.

I know what you are going through. I had the same problem with my little girl. We didn't cut all liquids off, but try to limit it to just water. We also changed her at around 11pm, and then once she was potty training we kept her in undies all day and nite so that way she HAD to go on the potty. Pampers Cruisers always worked best for my girls. They seem to have better soaking ability. Something to try so it is not such an ordeal changing the sheets is layering them. Try placing a matress cover directly on the matress, sheet on top, another cover, and anther sheet. This way when you wake in the AM (or if you were like us.. in the 2AM period) all you have to do is strip the top two layers of the sheet and cover, and you have a whole new set ready to go. Hope it helps!

1 / 3