2 Year Old with Seasonal Allergies

My daughter is 2 1/2 and has seasonal allergies. Her eyes weep, and she sneezes, coughs and has a runny nose. Is there anything over the counter that I can give to her?

you should try some childrens claritin. not expensive, since it is now in generic forms as well (loratadine. Trust me, I know all about allergies. I personally should almost be put in a bubble.

My pediatrician told me to give my 16 month old Children's Zyrtec, which is over the counter, and it works really well. FYI I have found it the cheapest at Target. Good luck

My 6 year old has had seasonal allergies since she was 1. Back then the only thing a 1 year old could have was Zyrtec. Which then was only a prescription. Awesomely enough it is now over the counter which makes it cheaper for me. You need to get the liquid form. It says on the box for 2 and up. Also there is Claritin for children 2 and up. I tryed it for my daughter but i dont think it worked as well. I also have been using the Zyrtec for my 1 1/2 year old who since spring has arrived has had a runny nose and watery eyes. Hope ive helped and you can get her better. N.

I give by two year old dye-free children's benadryl. Just enough to make her comfortable, especially at night. All the mucous makes her cough a lot in her sleep. The Benadryl helps with it alot. Good luck.

Please don't give her medications. They are just man made chemicals that just mask the symptoms. Buy some chewable vitamin c and give her one to chew 3 times a day. She can't overdose on it. What her body doesn't absorb will come out in her urine. Do a google search on vitamin c being a NATURAL antihistamine. I've read so much on it, it's crazy. But it WORKS. Around here we chew on them like they were candy, and none of us has anymore allergy symptoms. Look it up for yourself. It keeps the histamine levels down in your body naturally. Good luck to you.

diamatap, Robituson, Zertec, Clariton. Go tot he store and see which you want to give. Most pediatricians usually say clariton or zertec. Benedryl is good but some children get real lathgargic with it because it can make you sleepy but some others actually get hyper on it so its up to how she acts if it makes her sleepy give it for bed only and clariton during the day. They usually are one time a day things so if you give her clariton in the morning by bed she should be good for benedryl. If your worried check with you pediatrician.

I have used both Clariton and Benadryl on both of my kids since they were around 1 years. I know they say not to, however, it was a small dose, which the doctor figured out for me. Both things seem to really help. If it gets to back you can try rinocourt (sp?) however that is prescription. That works wonders for both of my kids on really bad days.

1/2 tsp of Benabryl. Just a note that Benadryl can make kids either tired or hyper.

My daughter's pedi put her on Claritin and an inhailer. The inhailer helps alot with the cough and the Clairtin helps with the runny nose and eyes. I was told that the starting dose is 1 tsp once a day and can go up to 1 tsp 2 times a day. I would call my pedi and double check. FYI we started my daugther on Zyrtec and she was a crabby grouchy mess, she is usually very happy and good natured. Good Luck!

1 / 3