2 Year Old in Gymnastics

Hi ladies, 1st timer here.. I live in Elk Grove California and am looking for a place to put my 2 year old in Gymnastics.. She is quite the tumbler and loves to climb so I thought what a great place for her to be.... Anybody know of any good places nearby?

Hi J., I take my daughter to My Gym in EG and we LOVE it! She's been going every week since she was 2, and now she's almost 5. Their website is www.my-gym.com
The teachers are very energetic, and very well trained. The kids can't get enough of them! I have also made a few mom friends from taking my daughter there. It's like a gymnastics class/mom's group :)
We have a lot of fun, I highly recommend My Gym.

I think it is Byers gym - It is right next to Cal Fit on Bond. I was checking it out the other day and they will let you try one class for free if you call ahead to schedule it.

D. & Layla (2)

I have my 5 year old daughter and 2 1/2 year old son at Byers Gym on Bond. We love it.

I have heard great things about My Gym. They have a website, and I know there is one in Elk Grove.

My son loved to do alot of headstands when he was 3yrs old, so we found Byers gym on Mack Road. They now have a 2nd location on Bond Rd and Highway 99. My son went on to their boys gymnastic team when he was 6yrs old. He competed until he was 10 yrs old, making to the Regional Level Class 5. They are now encouraging the girls program mostly.

My son hated to leave gymnastics, but they didn't continue the boys competition program at the Mach location.

I sure your 2 year old will enjoy the gym. They progress them at their level of capabilities.

I am also looking for a place to take my daughter who is constantly jumping off our couches, standing on her head and compiling all the pillows in the house only to jump off our bed onto them. I heard that Tricks Gym is great. I have looked at their website and read everything about them and they seem to be very professional and fun. I work with a mom who has her two year son there and he loves it. I've also heard that Planet Gymnastics is a good place. It is in the South Land Park/Riverside area. Most places have a trial class that you can attend with your little one for free. It might be a good idea to take him to a few of these trial classes then decide which facility is best. Good luck!

My daughter will be 2 on Monday, and we live in Sacramento. She was quite the tumbler as well, so I had taken her to Byres gym, not sure on the spelling. She absolutely loves gymnastics. I'm not sure what the name of the street is anymore, but it's off 99. Hope that helps and best of luck!

There is a class at Byer's Gym from 0-3 year olds. It is parent participation, so be ready to kick off your shoes too. I put my 2 year old twins in it last summer (they are 3 years old now). It costs approximately $50/month for each child. There is also a class (at Byers) through the CSD (http://www.yourcsd.com)

Originally when we signed the twins up for the Byer's class we were on the waiting list for a couple months. It's a popular class! But we also had to wait for two available spots.

There are a couple other options in Elk Grove for tumblers. Funtastic is a great place to let your child let loose. I think it's about $8 per admission, but if you buy tickets in groups (like a 10 pack) it works out to $6.50 per session instead. Another option is Gymboree. I found Gymboree to be slightly more expensive than Byers, but I think the class was longer by about 10 minutes too.

Hi J.~
I don't know how far you are willing to drive...but I live in Elk Grove and work in Roseville. I take my 2 year old to Tricks in Roseville/Granite Bay and she LOVES it, she looks forward to gymnastics all week! The teachers and gym are top notch! http://tricksgym.com/

I also looked into something local and found Encore, but that was more dancing and not gymnastics, but here is that link as well: http://www.canudance.com/

1 / 3