2 Year Old Daughter with Hairy Legs

Hi - this may be a dumb question but here goes: My daughter just turned 2. I have noticed that her legs have hair on them - enough to notice. It is light but still noticable. Is this odd for her to be so young and have hair on her legs already??

My 2 year old boy has blonde hair on his face and I just noticed my infant son has a lot of blonde hair on his legs. I was a very hairy little girl. In fact, I still shave my arms to this day. Some kids are just that way. Depends a lot on ethnicity and color of hair.

My 3 year old has light hair on her legs. I'm Italian & Greek, so I think the poor kid is doomed in that regard, but at least her hair is light, like my husband's. I think it's alot more common than you realize :)

Our 6 year old is Indian ad talk about hairy legs---WOW, the kid could put in braids if she wanted to. OK, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit. She's been that way since she was a little runt. The other daughter is 8 and is Native American-- clean and smooth. Altho she used to have a hairy back. We don't make a big deal about it--actually the 6 year old thinks it's funny. She sees me wax my brows and asked if she would need to do that someday. I told her maybe and she said "Yuck. I like my hairy legs...they're tickley". Don't think she'll feel that way in a few years but for now relax.

I have a hairy 3 year old. I think it looks odd too. We aren't ethnic at all, all irish, and she has blond hair all over the place. I'm just happy that it's blond and not black! At least you aren't alone!

It is not odd at all. One of my girls also seems to be hairy. Someone ethnic groups tend to have "hairy" arms and legs. The hair on my daughter's legs, arms and back stand out more because she is very light-skinned. She is half Mexican and that is how my husband's family is. As she has gotten older, the hair has thinned quite a bit. She is by no means hairy on her back but she does notice and sometimes says she hates the hair on her arms. I just try not to let it bring her down. I think there are enough problems out there for her to face.

BTW, I went to school with a girl who was 3/4 Italian. She was proud of the hair on her arms.

I remember when my son started getting hairy legs as a toddler - I thought there was something hormonally wrong. But it's totally normal - both my kids had some hair on their legs by age 3 or so. (they are a mix of scottish, german, dutch and american indian).

I don't think it is odd. My daughter is almost 2 and she has light hair on her legs. Blonde and not too noticeable, but definitely there!

I am so glad you posted this. My daughter is four and her legs seem to be pretty "hairy". It doesn't bother her at all but for awhile it did concern me. She's half Hispanic and I assumed that that contributed to it. I am glad to hear other Moms have noticed this on their kids!

1 / 3