2 Month Old with Sticky Dark Green Poop.

I have a two month old baby with sticky dark green poop. I was breastfeeding and had to stop so i started her on formula. ever since I had she has had green poop. Is this normal?

it could be because of something in your diet when u were breast feeding that didnt sit well with the baby. or it could be the baby has a cold or is teething. if it continues call your doc. give it a few days. good luck.

Babies poop is alot differant than grown-up poop. Its pretty common for it to look differant and change especially while breastfeeding.

A breastfeed baby who has sticky green poop is either getting too much foremilk and not enough hindmilk, or has an intolercne to something the mother ate. My daughter is 7 months old and I still can't eat onions or peppers without it effecting her.

If the grren poop started after starting the formula then its the iron in the formula as other mentioned. Give her tummy time to adjust to the change.

I'd say it was the iron in the formula. Iron turns green--I found this out when trying to save liver leftovers.

My 2 month old son has the same issue. I've addressed it w/ his Dr on his last visit and he did not seem too concerned about it...said that since we had switched formulas a time or two he chaulked it up to that. However, he has now been on the same formula for a good month and it's still dark green. I will be asking him about it at his check up next week. My son also has acid reflux and has bad gas. I personally feel the green poop is related to some sort of digestive problem/issue. Good luck!

My friend was feeding her daughter formula, and her daughter's poop was consistently dark green and dark blue until she started solids. If the color of your baby's poop is the only thing that seems off, I'm sure she's fine. If, however, she is acting fussier than usual, she seems to be in pain, or there is anything else that seems odd, then I would bring her in to the doctor.

Two of mine had that when I started them on formula. The doctor told me it was normal.

1 / 3