2 Month Old with Really Dry Forehead

I have a 2 month old who ever since birth ahs had a really rough scratchy forehead. It's almost like thick dry skin. I've tried to put baby lotion on it everyday andclean her face everyday but no luck. Any suggestions???

Ok, so last night I gave my daughter a bath and I gently massaged the forehead with a soapy washcloth. I was able to remove some of the thick scaly skin. After that I put a little vasaline on her forehead and this morning it seems a lot better. Still a little rough but Much better and I dont have to look at all those flakes. So hopefully it will fully disapear soon. Thanks for the tips

T.,

When my son was an infant he used to get red spots on his face. The doctor recommended Cutemol which you can get at the Pharmacy counter at Walgreens or Target and it worked like a dream. It doesn't require a prescription. It's also great for adult dry skin!

A.

A little about me: Work from home office Mom of a 4 yr old son and a 11 mo old daughter

Renew lotion from Melaleuca is really good for dry skin/eczema, and is safe for babies. It's good for diaper rash, too. Please let me know if you'd like to know how to order. K.

My 2-month old had the worst cradle cap and exema on top of it that came down onto her cheeks and chest. I tried everything including olive oil, coconut oil, Aquaphor and Cortaid. Nothing helped at all. Then I got Mustela Stelatopia cleansing water and moisturizer. Her skin was ompletely clear in 2 days!!! It is quite expensive, so I would suggest trying the other methods first. But if those don't work, definitely give Mustela a try!!

T.,

A.

Aquaphor works well, but it DOES contain petroleum jelly (that's what petrolatum is) and mineral oil (liquid petroleum). If you want to try something natural, try California Baby Calendula Cream - it worked wonders on my baby's dry forehead. You can get it at Target, Whole Foods or directly from California Baby.

The daily cleansing might be making the problem worse. Most soaps tend to dry the skin.

You could try massaging the forehead and scalp with a little bit of baby oil or even olive oil (yeah I know that sounds a little gross, but it is completely safe and fine for the baby's skin). The oil may loosen up some of the flakes so they can be removed. Following up with a moisturizing lotion can also help.

I would try lanolin, it works miracles! I used it on my daughters cheeks when she was a little one, she used to get really dry chapped skin too!

Sounds like "cradle cap." Totally normal for age-my 2 month old daughter is now having
same issue. Google it or look in any newborn care book,
One suggestion I tried is to massage head w/olive oil, use a brush or washcloth to loosen
scales/flakes, then shampoo...

This is what I did...at 2 mths, her face isn't really dirty so just clean her neck and 'spot clean' her mouth with a wipe or warm baby washcloth. Follow that with Aquaphor, you don't need a lot. The babies natural oils from not having a bath is good for their skin. My son was born with flaky, dry skin on his extremities and what worked for us was no baths and Aquaphor. We didn't have to do that for longer than a week or so. Good luck!

Looks like you already got a lot of helpful repsonses! My son also had this from about 2-4 months old. I would clean his forhead with water and a washcloth (gently, so as not to irritate it) and then put Eucerin Aquaphor on. It really helped! Good luck!

1 / 3