2-Year Old with Vaginal Pain

My daughter has been crying in pain when I change her diaper lately. She cries and says "ow" if I try to open her legs to clean her vaginal area. She's fine if I lift her legs to do it. But she cries if her legs are opened. Tonight while I was giving her a bath, she wriggled backwards when I was washing her upper legs, like she didn't want me to wash her girl parts. I've been trying to get into our clinic to see the doctor, but they don't have any openings until the end of the month. Is this something that I should take her to the emergency room for? Any advice would be great. Thanks!

So far, we went to see a doctor who did not even touch my daughter's vaginal area. She did take two x-rays of her hips, thinking it had something to do with that. But she did not try to open her vagina or anything that I thought she would. She also did a urine test. They told me that everything came back negative. Thank you to Jennifer T. for giving me the name of the doctor that you go to at the Wichita Clinic. I will be making an appointment with her. I will write more when I find out more.

I second the Children's Mercy Urgent Care. If she has an infection it will only get worse, she should see a doctor right away. I hope she feels better soon!

Hi S.

My little girl that is now 5 did the same thing to me when she was around 2 or 3. I took her to the doctor and they said that her vaginal opening was somewhat closed and said that this is very common in little girls. They prescribed her some hormone cream that I had to apply. It helped her. I would definitly get her into the doctor sooner than later. I would recommend the Urgent Care also.

If you can't get her in you can always try acidophilus, this is a natural supplement that restores the good bacteria back in the body and gets rid of the bad. You can find this also in yogurt but I recommend going to your health food store and getting the supplements. You can open the capsules and mix them in water of pour over food. Don't worry they won't be able to taste it. Also if you do get in to see someone, which would be the best way to go you can still take this while on the antibiotic because as the antibiotic will destore the bad bacteria it doesn't give back the good bacteria so taking Acidophilus will retore the good bacteria. My 2 year old son has a ear infection and is on an antibiotic and I'm also giving him the acidophilus in his milk.

Ahhhh.. poor thing. Perhaps she has a yeast infection. I'd take her to urgent care. Usually, the co-pay is the same as a doctor's visit.... better yet, take her to Children's Mercy Urgent Care. I'm sure it's nothing serious, but she shouldn't have to be in pain until the end of the month! :-)

1 / 3