2 1/2 Year Old ...is It Okay for Her to Sleep with Big Stuffed Animals/toys???

Hi Everyone,
My daughter is 2 1/2 years old and she still sleeps in her crib. Is it okay that she
sleeps with a lot of stuffed animals...2 are quite big...(like size of a small dog)...a
snoopy and a pug...and then 3 or 4 small animals...??? or is this too crowded?
is it safe or should I only allow small animals???

thanks take care bye K.

Dear K.,
Both of my kids loved having their stuffed animals. And they always named them too. My son rolled around even in his crib so much that I only let him have a couple of small ones. I did, however, buy him a big stuffed dog that we named Rufus. It wasn't heavy but it was as big as he was and very plush and squishy. He slept on that dog, pulled the dog on him, covered it up like it was his baby. It was pretty cute.
Sleeping with stuffies should be fine as long as she can move around and there are no eyes she can pull off and choke on.
When my daughter was 5 and in a double bed, she still wanted all her babies and animals lined up just so so for nightime.
I think it's okay.

I've read that its ok to have stuffed animals in the crib as long as the baby can move around on their own, flip over, etc. So you're daughter should be fine. My son started sleeping with a stuffed animal at about 1 1/2 yrs, he's now 3 and sleeps with 4. All of them are easily washable and all are abou 8-12 inches tall. My daughter is 16 months and she wanted her brothers animals so she has her own that she sleeps with now too. It's fun to watch them play with them as they are going to sleep or when they wake up.

My son probably slept with 15 different stuffed animals in his toddler bed and all sorts of other toys. He would put them in his bed after we would put him to sleep. He is 3 1/2 and in a big boy bed and still does the same thing. I think it is fine.

She is deffinate;y big enough to move them out of the way if they are bothering her. She is fine to sleep with them.

My kids did that... at that age.
It was fine.
Baby safe stuffed toys only... not having parts/eye buttons that can come off and cause a choking hazard etc.
And consider her motor reflexes and if she is able to, on purpose, move the toys off of her.

I would think, maybe the "big" toys, may be too big.
Make sure the crib is not SO overcrowded that the toys cannot be moved around out of her way...

My son and daughter love having their stuffed toys in bed with them still, at their ages.

all the best,
Susan

Hi K., by 2 1/2 she is old enough to move around and move things out of her way if they are in the way. I don't think it's a problem. I have a 10 and 7 yo and they sleep with MANY animals and my 7 yo has one that is 3 ft tall that he sleeps with, so you should be ok. My kids are asleep by the time my husband and I go to bed so I just go in their rooms and move the animals to the foot of the bed except for their "favorite". Good luck!

1 / 3