1St Birthday Theme Ideas

So my daughter is turning 1 on November 30, and I would like to start planning her party. Yes, I know it's silly to plan this early, but seeing as how I am not very crafty and am crazy busy I'd like to get a head start. Plus, she's my first child so I'm kind of excited. :) The problem is that I'm having a really hard time coming up with a theme. I definitely want to do a theme of some kind, just to make it fun, but not sure what. What are some good ideas for a baby girl's first birthday? Also, any good stores to get decorations, or even better a web site that will show me how to make a lot of the stuff?

*Note: I don't really like Disney Princesses, Winnie the Pooh, or any sort of Dora stuff, and I don't want it to be Christmas or Thanksgiving themed.

Thanks for your help mamas!

www.1stwishes.com
On the right hand side chose female. The cutest ideas for the 1st birthday! I absolutely love the lady bug one, and the cupcake one!

Hi there,

My son's 1st birthday is 28th of October. I using www.1stwishes.com they have lots of themes. Have fun it is such a fun time!

www.1stwishes.com

When my son turned one we had a college theme birthday where everyone wore attire from their favorite college and we had a cake made with little athletes from Weber state, Utah State, U of U and BYU with his own little U of U cake for him to eat. Then we had everyone donate to his college fund instead of giving presents. It was a lot of fun. For decorations I just blew up a bunch of balloons and had them on the ground for the kids to play with. We also made a time capsule/scrap book with things that had happend in his first year of life. So I had a table set up with construction paper and markers and had categories like: Favorite movies fromt this year, Exciting news stories, Exciting Family Events, favorite memory of Gavin... etc... I think it will be fun for him to look back on when he gets older.

I did a teddy bear theme for my little ones' 1st parties...then you can save my feminine themes for later on, like ballerina, etc. I did a teddy bear shaped cake (a one-layer cake made out of 2 round cakes, with one cut apart to make bowtie and ears...like you do for an bunny cake at Easter, but with smaller ears...and some discard). I piled up all the bears we had, plus borrowed bears, for decorations. I got bear wrapping paper. It was a cute easy theme.

We went with this theme for my daughter's first birthday (last week)
http://www.1stwishes.com/Look-Whoos-1-Pink-Party-Supplies...

I ordered the plates, napkins and balloons from this website, then I paired it with hot pink table cloths from my local party store. I got a lot of comments on how cute the theme was. I made my own birthday banner. I cut out 3 different sized circles (with a scrapbook circle cutter) from pink, brown and white paper then layered them and put on ribbon to hang.

Good luck and have fun planning :)

I just went to Kurchers and looked for the non-commercial type things. We ended up with farm animals for my son's 1st and construction trucks for his 2nd.

Try www.BirthdayinaBox.com they have some really cute stuff!!

My baby girl turned one this past Spring and I loved her birthday party. We had a tea party! I made a tea pot cake and cake balls. I served punch and hot & cold tea to drink...fruit, veggies, and little sandwiches to eat. I used hot pink, lime green, and baby pink for colors. I purchased all the napkins and such at Hobby Lobby...couldn't find cute tea party supplies so I purchased polk-a-dot supplies. I decorated with 'boas' and balloons. It was adorable! We bought our little girl her first tea set from Fisher Price for her gift from the immediate family. Have fun!

Hi there,

1 / 3