1St Birthday Party Ideas

Anyone have any ideas for a little girls 1st birthday party? I've bought a few things already. Since there are going to be a lot of older kids should i do favor bags for them?

indoor jump/play type of place . Favors for the 1yr olds only.Mixing age apporiate toys may not be a good idea. If you start it now then you may feel you have to do it for every party after that.

go to a party store and find the aisle for babies'. look for cute party stuff and then get party favors for the older kids but do a teddy bear theme with cupcakes or whatever you like

- M. Schoenke

This may sound crazy, but one thing that I did in conjunction with everything else was go to WalMart, and purchase regular latex baloons in a variety of colors. I spent some time blowing them up that morning (they don't stay very long) with regular air, rather than helium and placed them all over the floor. At that age, walking is beginning and it is adorable to see them walking around trying to stomp on them or to pick them up. All the colors entise them as well. Just remember to pick up a popped one (if it happens--at that age, it's uncommon) immediately for safety. Hope it goes well for you!

Yay! Happy 1st Birthday!!!

I think goody bags are fun, fun, fun!

Of course for kids under 3 it doesn't have to be elaborate!

What is your child's theme? How old are the other children?

I would make very simple bags.

If you have a local indoor inflatable store, perhaps a coupon for a FREE admission would work? This way the younger babies AND older kids may benefit.

Another idea would be just a soft toy for each child with a tag attached saying, "Thank you for celebrating my 1st Birthday!"

Make sure you have a chocolate cake for her, it's a tradition where I come from, because it's the first one and they make such a mess. It's fun watching them with their first cake. And yes you should have party favors for the older kids, it gives them something special.

My daughter didn't really have any favorite characters or anything. We ended up doing a pool theme even though it wasn't a pool party lol. Her cake was done to look like a pool but then we had signs and balloons with butterflies and lady bugs and stuff. So I guess you could say it was more an outdoor theme. We had hot dogs and hamburgers on the grill and just had family and friends over for a good time. Try not to stress to much or you won't enjoy the party! Try to have someone else that will help you keep things running and be sure to have someone else that can take pictures.

Cotton Candy is always a cute party favor especially for a first birthday! I have also done plastic picture frames decorated with stickers. Then sent out a picture from the party with the Thank You note.

As for the party, both of mine had their parties(1st) at Gymboree play and music. It is fun and easy! It is to stressful to have at your house unless a very small number is comming. You want to enjoy the day!!

From a mommy of 3! ages 41/2, 2, and 5mons

Honestly, I recommend going simple. My son's 1 year birthday party was at my In-Law's house because they have a nice yard and a quiet location. We invited most of our family and friends. There was no real theme except the birthday boy. We ate food from the grill and other finger foods. There was cake and ice cream and tons of talking. It was just a great time of celebrating the first year of life for my little guy. Simple and fun is the way to go! It also didn't cost much money and the simplicity made it stress free. Everyone LOVED it!!

The kids love goodie bags no matter what the age! Do you have a theme? We did Elmo last year and gave out Elmo coloring books and crayons. I also am a baker and own my own business. I make goodie bags for all occasions. My signature cookie is an Almond Butter cookie that I cut in any shape then I ice them. If you have a theme I can make those for you. Or I can make the number 1. Let me know if I can do anything for you. ____@____.com My prices are really reasonable. Good luck with the party. it is so much fun to plan!

Make it fun for you and your husband! She won't remember but you will! We did a big cookout so families could come with kids. Simple, I know but it was a celebration that we actually had her after many years of trying. It was exhausting for her though. Oh, and absolutely let someone else take pictures for you or you will miss stuff!
Congrats and have fun,
E. (with 5yr old girl.)

1 / 3