17 Month Old Constantly Wines and Cries.

I am to the point of exhaustion!!! PLEASE HELP. My seventeen month old daughter constantly cries and I just dont know what to do any more. she cries from the time she gets up to the time she goes down. With a few exceptions inbetween each day. its also a constant battle to get her to nap and go to bed.

Thank you so much for the advice...I may take her to a pediatrician and see what they say. I think alot of it has to do with the separation of my husband and i also.

Poor C.! Mine is 18 months old, and while she doesn't cry much she's definitely hit the separation anxiety zone. And naps are difficult to accomplish! Good luck. I think seeing the pediatrician is a good idea. If nothing's wrong physically, they can give you some good advice on how to soothe her.

Two things I would consider would be something behavioral vs. medical. The earlier response here definitely addresses some behavioral modifications but depending on your child's level of communication, she may be trying to tell you something is wrong or doesn't feel right. If implementing routines don't work or show improvement I would recommend a visit to your pediatrician for an evaluation, or as a sounding board for suggestions if nothing else.

Best wishes!

I would consider seeing your pediatrician. My daughter though not constant was very fussy and difficult. She was always having ear infections and on antibiotics. We had tubs put in and she is a different child. Day and night of a difference!!

Is it possible that at 17 months, she no longer needs a nap? I handled my daughter a bit differently in that I had no set "nap time" for her - when she was tired, I let her sleep. She didn't need the nap anymore by the time she was 2. Unless I had her in the car, and then she'd always nod out.

If she's crying constantly, you might want to run it past your pediatrician to rule out something medical.

Maybe you can take the battle out of bedtime by establishing a routine. Brush teeth, wash face, read 2 or 3 stories, and then hug and kiss and lights out. It generally worked well with my dd, except for when my husband would come home and break the routine. Maybe make it this way for a week. If she cries when she's in bed, let her cry - she'll either cry herself to sleep or learn very quickly that this behavior won't win her any attention. I don't know, maybe you already have a routine, but if not - try it and stick with it. They learn fast.

Can it be her teeth, ears, etc. Mine went through a spell like that and it was her teeth. Give her a little Motrin in the AM to see if that helps.

A.

Hello C.,
My 16 month old did the same thing with not wantign to take naps or go to bed unless we rocked him to sleep. My husbend and I just put him down at the same tiem every day and at night also and let him cry till he went to sleep. Now he gose down for naps and bed with out any fight. Good luck!!!!

1 / 3

Explore Mamapedia

best wines crying months cries wine