16 Month Has Low Grade Fever for Three Days but with No Other Symptoms

Hi Moms. My 16 month old daughter has ran a fever for three days now. She has no other symptoms..not even a runny nose. She hasn't been pulling on her ears, and really hasn't been fussy. She's even sleeping well at night. My first thought was teething bc she is getting a molar. But, she has never ran fever before while teething. I'm debating if I should take her to CareNow this weekend. Any advice would be great! Thanks so much!

Thank you all for the advice. Her fever went up last night so we decided to go to the ER. As is turns out she has an ear infection in both ears! Poor thing! I had no idea. She showed no signs that they even bothered her. Thanks again!

Sounds like teething. If she is eating and having several wet diapers per day, then she is probably fine.

I would contact the nurse at your pedi office. That is probably what I would do. Especially if it has been over 100 for a few days. My daughter just over strep - ran a fever for about three days.

sometimes ear infections can show no symptoms at all! I always took my kids to the doctor. 75% of the time they told me it was just teething. but then there is the few times that they really do have ear infections.

My son is going through the exact thing right now (fever since Wednesday night). I was thinking that it was Roseola as well...although the other responder wasn't exactly correct. Roseola is very contageous. Here's a link that I have been looking at:
http://kidshealth.org/parent/infections/skin/roseola.html

Hope your daughter feels better!

Sounds like what we like to call at our house the "Phantom Fever" they run a fever with absolutely no symptoms of anything at all. Just remember, a fever is the body's way of fighting off whatever is foreign to it, and a fever, as long as it's not too high, is a good thing. Unless she starts showing symptoms of something else, I wouldn't worry too much about it, let her little body fight off whatever it is, and her immune system will be much stronger for it. Lots of fluids and whatever she'll eat, she should be fine as long as it doesn't get real high.

I think it could be teething, or it could be her body is fighting off a cold. One of my daughters (now 5) occasionally has a fever with no other symptoms. It doesn't seem to do any harm. Most pediatricians do not get very excited about a fever unless it is really high.

It sounds a bit like roseola. Fever with no other symptoms...fever goes away after a few days...and then a rash spreads all over the body. The rash doesn't hurt, & it's not contagious.

1 / 3