15 Year Old Having Sex

My cousin has a 15 year old stepsister who has been living with my cousin's mother since the age of 8 or 9. The stepsister's mother had her at the age of 15. The stepsister has been having sex for about a year now, and she asked my cousin to take her to the clinic to get birth control pills. My cousin told her she would, but only if tells her mother. The stepsister doesn't want to tell her mother because she is afraid she will take the pills away. My cousin asked me what she should do. I think she should get her the pills and go with her sister to tell their mother together. Do you think that is a good thing for her to do?

Oh my goodness! Thank you ladies so much for your helpful responses. I talked to my cousin about this and she is taking her sister to the clinic today. She said that she will have a sit down with her mother when they get back home. One good point that some of you mentioned was about STD's. I told my cousin to make sure she talks about that too. I myself didn't get pregnant at an early age, but I developed an STD at an early age and it changed my life. Thank you again. I'm starting to like this website!

I think that what you adviced is a good idea but the 15 year old also needs to know that there are more consequences of sex then just getting pregnant. If she does have sex a condom should be worn at all times.

As bad as it is your not going to stop the sex...so I think she should go with her and keep encouraging her to talk to her mother...it beats another teen mom!!!

My 16 year old niece just had a baby. Do I think you need to interveen? ABSOLUTELY. Her health and future are at risk.

Whether it is birth control pills or trying to convince her to abstain from sex.... you must find a way to interveen. Hopefully both she and her mother will be receptive. Keep in mind, if she is engaging in sex with out BCP, she is probably also not using condoms which opens the door for all kinds of STDs and residual health problems. It is not uncommon for children of young mothers to also start having sex at an early age. If you are in the Atlanta area, there is a program founded by Jane Fonda called the Georgia Campaign for Adolscent Pregnancy Prevention (wwww.gcapp.org). They have some very helpful programs.....check it out.

Yes your a perfect example. You could just let her know that you are living proof that mistakes happen, and she could possibly get an STD. I started having sex when I was 15 to a guy I dated for 2 years and became pretty damn permisquis (spelling?) after he and I had broke up. I was always scared to death of STD's so I used prtoection every time and luckilly never contracted one. And sometimes protections isnt enough, there are some STD's that condoms cant prevent. One of my best friends contracted an STD from her husband that he had gotten YEARS ago and didnt even know about, and like you said, their lives are now changed foever.

Hi J., I would definitely tell her mother together. That way she has support. Reminder that Birth Control is a hell (pardon the language) of a lot cheaper than a baby. She is having sex and there is nothing to do to stop her so birth control really is the answer. I was not on Birth Control and having sex at 16. I wish I had someone help me!!!

I hope this helps

K. S
www.kristies.fourpointmoms.com

Yes, she definitely needs to be on BC pills. I can't imagine her mother would take them away unless she wants her daughter to be a mom in the future. I wish everyone understood how important it is to talk to your kids and make them feel comfortable about sex and BC methods :(

The 15 year old needs to have the pills!!!! Put it to them this way, does she want to tell about pills or a baby on the way? None the less she is only 15, but atleast she has the common sense to take some extra precautions....please let me know how this turns out, i'm very interested to know how this turns out!!!

I think your idea about them going together to tell her mother is a good one. Also I would seriously consider advising that the girl receive some counceling. This behavior could be a cry for help.

1 / 3